Aug 26, 2019
So I play a lot of games online and I've recently (last year or so) began paying more for better WiFi. However, whenever I am playing a game online such as League of Legends, Hearthstone or World of Warcraft. I will get random lag spikes in which the ping skyrockets from 31 mbps to outrageous numbers of 200 all the way up to 2000 mbps, making the delay unbearable. In instances like this, my short term solution is to disconnect and reconnect the WiFi and that will momentarily solve the issue (in League. Warcraft is not so easily solved and Hearthstone is unaffected by this method).

Additional info about this is that when I am playing online games on the same WiFi on my PS4 or Nintendo Switch, I do not run into Internet problems. Our family Desktop (different from my own Laptop) also has these internet issues on a hard connection which is where my real confusion lies. I've even tried to use an Ethernet connection directly from the router but the internet cannot be found/detected (it says "No Internet" when Ethernet is connected) and I am forced to use WiFi. Windows troubleshoot can't even figure out the problem. I've encountered this issue at all hours of the day and whether or not others within the house are using the WiFi does not seem to affect the issue (I've played games where all 5 family members were on WiFi while also doing so home alone and there seems to be no difference in consistency of the problem). I do not have issues loading websites or YouTube videos. Sometimes there are issues watching live streaming but these issues aren't as common as the game issues are.

Maybe 2 or 3 technicians have come to the house since I've upgraded the WiFi to "fix" the issue and on all occasions they claim there is no issue or the issue has been fixed. Whether they are truthful or not, I feel it is time I took matters into my own hands and would like help in doing so. Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Solution
If you suspect your local network may have bottlenecks you can use iperf3 to test your lan speeds. one of your pcs should be wired if you're testing another on wifi.
With latency that high you are buffering somewhere.
When your download or upload is fully utilized you are going to buffer and it's working as intended.

Whats your total ISP bandwidth? If your wifi is capable of hitting those numbers it's not an issue. Do you know if your ISP Mbs is competitive in your market?

Aug 26, 2019
After doing a test I've come up with: 42.5 Mbps download and 44.6 Mbps upload and it's Latency: 5 ms.

It says I have fast and competitive Internet speeds which is true, but the constant drops and lag spikes are the issue that I cannot tackle.

After doing a test I've come up with: 42.5 Mbps download and 44.6 Mbps upload and it's Latency: 5 ms.

It says I have fast and competitive Internet speeds which is true, but the constant drops and lag spikes are the issue that I cannot tackle.
Any AC wifi can handle those speeds. Are there a lot of people using your internet? if you have any downloads or uploads going while you play it's going to lag.

Aug 26, 2019
There are times when there is no one else in the house and I am on WiFi by myself (I even turn off WiFi on my phone) and I will still have random spikes to 600 ping. Even if I try to wait it out I remain at 600 ping until I disconnect and reconnect to the WiFi. Even after doing this the WiFi will again spike randomly, sometimes 30 seconds after reconnect or 5 minutes later. Is this a connection issue with the wiring perhaps? Because the upstairs hard connected desktop will occasionally run into these issues as well, but not the console (PS4, Xbox).