[SOLVED] Cooling advice for i5 9600K?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 18, 2022
Hello everyone,

I'm new here, but I know this is a good forum to get advice from.
Currently, my PC has serious cooling issues under load (90 degrees and up )and I am finally able to fix them, but I lack the knowledge about cooling for PCs.
What kind of coolers would you recommend?
Should I go for AIO or air cooling?

All my specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5-9600K @ 3.70GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
Motherboard: Asus PRIME H310M-K
The case itself has enough space to fit a 280mm AIO radiator.

Also, other than the stock air fans there is no other fans, aio, watercooling installed.

Thank you for any advice.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Also, other than the stock air fans

Do you mean case fans? What's your case and fan setup?

Pumps eventually fail and 9600k doesn't really need water. If your case has intake/exhaust fans, room for tower cooler and don't mind removing motherboard to insert backplate behind cpu socket to support the cooler then that would be better long term. A good hsf will last a lifetime, with some blowing of dust now and then.

Jan 18, 2022
Do you mean case fans? What's your setup regarding case?

Pumps eventually fail and 9600k doesn't really need water. If your case has intake/exhaust fans, room for tower cooler and don't mind removing motherboard to insert backplate behind cpu socket to support the cooler then that would be better long term. A good hsf will last a lifetime, with someone blowing of dust now and then.
First, thank you for the quick reply.
Sadly, this setup does not have any case fans. This setup's case is : Deepcool Matrexx 55

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Meh, thats pretty low on Deepcool's part not to have included two fans or at least an exhaust...

https://www.deepcool.com/product/case/2018-07/9_8726.shtml

See specs, it can support case fans.

Pre-installed: None. Optional: Rear: 1×120mm; Front: 3×120mm/ 3×140mm; Top: 2×120mm/ 2×140mm

Go for 2x 140mm intake fans and 1x 120mm exhaust to start with. Optional 2x 140mm top exhaust. See how many cha_fan headers on motherboard you have, probably need a fan hub to accommodate them.

Definitely need some air going through and exhaust even with water, removing accumulative dumped hot air from the graphics card.

Jan 18, 2022
Meh, thats pretty low on Deepcool's part not to have included two fans or at least an exhaust...

https://www.deepcool.com/product/case/2018-07/9_8726.shtml

See specs, it can support case fans.

Go for 2x 140mm intake fans and 1x 120mm exhaust to start with. Optional 2x 140mm top exhaust. See how many cha_fan headers on motherboard you have, probably need a fan hub to accommodate them.

Definitely need some air going through and exhaust even with water, removing accumulative dumped hot air from the graphics card.

Thank you, I'll get some case fans, would you have any recommendations on those?

Status
Not open for further replies.