Little_Gamer

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2014
I'm about to organize a major computer cleaning and my warranties (except for the PSU) are about to expire. So I decided to tackle this issues that's been plaguing me for a while. Every time I use my computer, my fans make strange noises .... sometimes it sounds like a fly was cought between the blades, other times it sounds like an old train in the USSR on the railroad. I'ma provide some audio samples of what I hear and my temps etc. What do you think the issue is? What should I send (should I do that at all) any of my components to the manufacturer for RMA?

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
Motherboard - Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra
GPU - Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Edition
PSU - EVGA Supernova G3 650W
Case Fans - be Quiet! Silent Wings 3 (all PWM)
CPU Fan - be Quiet! Dark Rock 4

The first is, as you can see, during Resident Evil 2's opening playable (and cutscene) scene as Claire Redfield.
GPU graph: temp - usage - frequency - fan speed

The second is at idle with Chrome open.

4b0e06Q.png

ozYCzgJ.png

PS: I' ve posted on linustechtips, to get more opinions, no offense :)

Solution
Your fan noise MAY be because one or more have worn bearings. See my post of Sept 2/20 here

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/best-way-to-check-if-a-fan-is-dying.3642186/#post-21943670

for a description of typical symptoms. If that sounds right, you can do this to narrow down WHICH fan has trouble. With the system off for a long time so it is cool, open the case and get a pencil with an eraser on the end. Boot the system and watch where sound is coming from. For EACH fan in turn, reach in carefully with the pencil and use the eraser to push on the fan hub or on blades to slow it down or stop it temporarily, and see if that eliminates the noise, then let it go. This will tell you which fan is noisy.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Your fan noise MAY be because one or more have worn bearings. See my post of Sept 2/20 here

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/best-way-to-check-if-a-fan-is-dying.3642186/#post-21943670

for a description of typical symptoms. If that sounds right, you can do this to narrow down WHICH fan has trouble. With the system off for a long time so it is cool, open the case and get a pencil with an eraser on the end. Boot the system and watch where sound is coming from. For EACH fan in turn, reach in carefully with the pencil and use the eraser to push on the fan hub or on blades to slow it down or stop it temporarily, and see if that eliminates the noise, then let it go. This will tell you which fan is noisy.

Solution