Cooling + power for 6800k setup

SagiRo

Prominent
Apr 9, 2017
Hi all,

I would love some suggestions for cooling this setup. Currently I'm considering Nactua NH-D15S or NH-D9L as I prefer these over liquid cooling. Few questions:

1) Do you think one of the above coolers should be enough for the CPU cooling part?
2) Do you think I need an extra fan for the cpu? If so, which one?
3) How many case fans I should add?
4) Which power supply would you suggest?

• Intel i7 6800k (will OC to 4.1)
    MSI x99a gaming pro carbon
    G.Skill Ripjaws V series 2x8gb 3000mhz
    EVGA geforce gtx 1060 6gb OC

Thanks
SR

Solution
Noctua NH-D15S has been a proven cooler time after time, You should be able to get 4.1 ghz with that cooler, keep CPU temps below 80c and keep voltage below 1.35v, Case fans well, You should be fine with the standard intake in the front and exhaust out the top and rear. I like to have some air flow around my graphics card area.

PSU, well with an enthusiast platform, an 80Plus gold PSU is always recommended, I wouldn't suggest anything lower.

EVGA SuperNOVA 750 80+ gold is real good PSU.

Corsair RM650 80+gold is another good choice.
Noctua NH-D15S has been a proven cooler time after time, You should be able to get 4.1 ghz with that cooler, keep CPU temps below 80c and keep voltage below 1.35v, Case fans well, You should be fine with the standard intake in the front and exhaust out the top and rear. I like to have some air flow around my graphics card area.

PSU, well with an enthusiast platform, an 80Plus gold PSU is always recommended, I wouldn't suggest anything lower.

EVGA SuperNOVA 750 80+ gold is real good PSU.

Corsair RM650 80+gold is another good choice.

Solution