[SOLVED] CPB comes in "YES" by default in ryzen?

Aug 31, 2020
So i just finished building my first PC (Ryzen 5 3600, Msi b450 pro-vdh max, 5600xt, 16 gb ram) and i noticed really high temps while gaming with the stock ryzen cooler (80+ degrees celsius). So i decided to check the bios and found that core performance boost is set to "yes" is this ok?

Thanks for helping!

Solution
Core performance boost is the "stock" or "default" boost behavior, so yes, it is normal.

What you probably DON'T want enabled, unless you have really good cooling installed, is the PBO/PBO2 Precision boost OVERDRIVE, which is a factory optimized overclock. If you have the stock cooler in use, it would be wise to disable PBO/PBO2, but you can leave core performance boost/XFR2 enabled.
Core performance boost is the "stock" or "default" boost behavior, so yes, it is normal.

What you probably DON'T want enabled, unless you have really good cooling installed, is the PBO/PBO2 Precision boost OVERDRIVE, which is a factory optimized overclock. If you have the stock cooler in use, it would be wise to disable PBO/PBO2, but you can leave core performance boost/XFR2 enabled.

Solution