[SOLVED] Cpu and motherboard for £200

shi.rx

Prominent
Jul 28, 2018
I live in England and I’m looking to see if anyone can find me an upgrade for my stuff for around 200 (preferable then cpu since it’s been with me for 3 years)
I currently have a gaming rig but I want to upgrade it so it is better
I currently have:
CPU- i3 6320
GPU-1050ti
PSU-700W cooler master power supply
Motherboard- gigabyte h110m-s2h
Ram- 8gb ddr4 crucial stick

I’m just looking for any kind of upgrade for 200 if anyone can leave suggestions would help me a lot

Solution
If you're using Windows 10 and use any other hefty programs (games, production software, etc.), you should think about upgrading to 16 GB of 2133 MHz RAM. You could find that dirt cheap and would likely provide you a noticeable improvement.

Check this compatibility chart for your MOBO.

You could also look at a processor upgrade and go from the 2 core 4 thread one you have now to a 4 core 8 thread for under $200. Check out the i7-2600K. However, I'd save the cash for your next major rebuild.

Bonedancer

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011
If you're using Windows 10 and use any other hefty programs (games, production software, etc.), you should think about upgrading to 16 GB of 2133 MHz RAM. You could find that dirt cheap and would likely provide you a noticeable improvement.

Check this compatibility chart for your MOBO.

You could also look at a processor upgrade and go from the 2 core 4 thread one you have now to a 4 core 8 thread for under $200. Check out the i7-2600K. However, I'd save the cash for your next major rebuild.

Solution