[SOLVED] CPU fan making a loud rattling noise

Apr 9, 2020
Hello, My pc has always made this loud rattling noise on the CPU fan (I will post of video of what it sounds like). I cleaned Off as much dust as i could out of the blades but that did not help. Ive been trying to find some ways to get rip of this noise but they just dont seem to work

When i put the case on the side, the whole noise just stops and u can hear the fans like normal.

also when im playing a video game, the rattling noise is not heard, u just sound normal. Which is weird becuz wouldn’t they be working harder when there are games being played.

The noise becomes stronger when i first start up the computer and when i close out a game.

This is very confusing to be, im not good with computers yet but i would like to study that field more. Also I bought my PC prebuilt, idk if that had anything to do.

Someone please help me, this sound is driving me crazy.

thank you to everything who took theyre time to read this!

video0.mov

Apr 9, 2020
Hello, My pc has always made this loud rattling noise on the CPU fan (I will post of video of what it sounds like). I cleaned Off as much dust as i could out of the blades but that did not help. Ive been trying to find some ways to get rip of this noise but they just dont seem to work

When i put the case on the side, the whole noise just stops and u can hear the fans like normal.

also when im playing a video game, the rattling noise is not heard, u just sound normal. Which is weird becuz wouldn’t they be working harder when there are games being played.

The noise becomes stronger when i first start up the computer and when i close out a game.

This is very confusing to be, im not good with computers yet but i would like to study that field more. Also I bought my PC prebuilt, idk if that had anything to do.

Someone please help me, this sound is driving me crazy.

thank you to everything who took theyre time to read this!

video0.mov
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/616175340691390464/698426286690795540/video0.mov

This is a link to what it sounds like, IDK if u can hear it in that video

The video only confirms there is indeed an annoying sound....; presumably fan related.

If it is a CPU fan, perhaps touching the edge of the heatsink or fan shroud will help identify if there is a loose mount, mounting screw, protective shroud, etc...; any fan can eventually have bad bearings.

Likewise, the GPU fan(s) can make quite a racket...

Apr 9, 2020
The video only confirms there is indeed an annoying sound....; presumably fan related.

If it is a CPU fan, perhaps touching the edge of the heatsink or fan shroud will help identify if there is a loose mount, mounting screw, protective shroud, etc...; any fan can eventually have bad bearings.

Likewise, the GPU fan(s) can make quite a racket...
When I touch it and like tilt it up a little bit, the sound stops. So idk what i could be