Question CPU fan speed error on ASUS Vivopc X M80CJ

comrade_matt

Commendable
Jul 3, 2018
So i have this asus m80cj which is a prebuilt compact gaming pc, essentially a console. I opened it up and cleaned it a bit and also applied new thermal paste on what i think is the gpu, i then took the cpu cooler fan off. Just unscrewed it and cleaned it a bit, i didnt unplug it. When i turned the pc back on it simply states: CPU fan speed error. The fan is not spinning at all and i have made shure its connected and that the screws are fastned properly and when that didnt change anything i updated the bios and still it didnt fix the issue. I also want to add that the cpu fan is connected to a j12 connector if thats of any relevance.

I really dont know what to do, the pc boots and can be used but without the cpu fan itll overheat if i try any gaming. Any help is really appreciated, thanks.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
The fan is NOT spinning, and the CPU_FAN is telling you that. It is VERY likely that the connection at the CPU_FAN header is not secure. With the system shut dowm, open the case and just unplug the fan. Then plug it back in securely. Before closing so you can watch, turn on the system and see if the fan works.

comrade_matt

Commendable
Jul 3, 2018
The fan is NOT spinning, and the CPU_FAN is telling you that. It is VERY likely that the connection at the CPU_FAN header is not secure. With the system shut dowm, open the case and just unplug the fan. Then plug it back in securely. Before closing so you can watch, turn on the system and see if the fan works.

I did what you told me to and it changed nothing. This is a fan that i have taken off in the past because you need to do so to replace the ram in this pc and ive had no issues before. Thanks for the suggestion though, any more help is greatly appreciated.