May 26, 2020
i have just built myself a pc with the following specs:
ryzen 5 3600X
MSI X570 gaming plus
16gb ram
2tb hdd
256gb ssd
RTX 2070

For the past 3 days it was working completely fine and there were no issues with anything at all. However all of a sudden, when i shut it down the 3rd day, the power button on the case stayed on but there was no display on the screen, the gpu and cpu fans were still running. Next to that, the CPU debug light was on. Since then it hasnt shut down properly, the debug light is on and the are running whenever i shut it down.
When i turn the pc on, there is no problem, the debug light turns off.

so what i've gathered is that it didnt fully go into shut down or it might be something else.

I've got the lastest bios adn genuine windows 10.

Could anyone please help me?

i have just built myself a pc with the following specs:
ryzen 5 3600X
MSI X570 gaming plus
16gb ram
2tb hdd
256gb ssd
RTX 2070

For the past 3 days it was working completely fine and there were no issues with anything at all. However all of a sudden, when i shut it down the 3rd day, the power button on the case stayed on but there was no display on the screen, the gpu and cpu fans were still running. Next to that, the CPU debug light was on. Since then it hasnt shut down properly, the debug light is on and the are running whenever i shut it down.
When i turn the pc on, there is no problem, the debug light turns off.

so what i've gathered is that it didnt fully go into shut down or it might be something else.

I've got the lastest bios adn genuine windows 10.

Could anyone please help me?
Could be going to sleep instead of full shutdown, It's probably windows problem, check which power plan you are using and how it is set.
Run this line and see what happens, it's once event only.
%windir%\System32\shutdown.exe -s -f -t 00

May 26, 2020
Could be going to sleep instead of full shutdown, It's probably windows problem, check which power plan you are using and how it is set.
Run this line and see what happens, it's once event only.
%windir%\System32\shutdown.exe -s -f -t 00
Its still done the same thing. however this time the case fans turned off by itself, it didnt have to force shutdown the pc

May 26, 2020
I’d check if your power switch/reset switch connectors Are plugged in correctly. My pc wasn’t powering on/off correctly as well and it turned out to be because the power SW pin from my case wasn’t plugged in right.

May 26, 2020
I’d check if your power switch/reset switch connectors Are plugged in correctly. My pc wasn’t powering on/off correctly as well and it turned out to be because the power SW pin from my case wasn’t plugged in right.
alright i'll have a look at that, i highly doubt it is because of that, but i will double check.
Thanks for the input.

Geeksman

Reputable
Sep 20, 2020
No i didnt, its still having the same problem, i’ve tried everything but nothing seems to be working. Please tell me if you come up with a solution
Yes i found a solution. I just turned off hibernate and that fixed my problem. But i noticed something weird when i turn off the PC it takes a bit longer to shutdown than start up.

Geeksman

Reputable
Sep 20, 2020
Could you please tell me how to do that please, it would be easier if you just emailed me -removed by moderator
Unfortunately the problem has come to me again so this is by far a hardware issue. But i found something weird today i turned off my pc as usual so it didn't turn off completely everything was running including CPU fan and GPU, etc. So i unplugged my hard driver sata cables nothing happened so i uninstalled one of my ram sticks the PC has turned off immediately so this is a ram issue, or maybe a motherboard. i also noticed that one of my ram sticks was hotter than the other one. And btw this problem in general doesn't happen to me everytime it just happens from time to time especially when i run the pc for too long. If you also wanna give it a try and disable hibernation all you have to do is run CMD as an administrator and type powercfg.exe /hibernate off. To re-enable it once again type the same command but write on instead of off and you good to go.