Jul 14, 2019
Hey guys, Hope you are doing well. I will be building this PC in October or November of this year and I need a bit of guidance. I have done plenty of research and I am unable to determine which CPU+GPU combo would be ideal for my target resolution and build. I hope you experienced PC builders can help me decide which combo to go for. These are my options:

1.RX 5700 + R5 3600 (I plan on running the 3600 on stock settings with wraith stealth)
2.RX 5700 XT + R5 2600X (I will probably overclock the 2600X with the wraith spire to prevent bottleneck as much as possible)
3.RTX 2060s + R5 2600X (I will probably overclock the 2600X with the wraith spire to prevent bottleneck as much as possible)

These are gonna be my other components most likely-

NZXT H500
Seasonic Focus Plus 550W Gold or EVGA 650 GQ
Any 500GB SSD
B450 Mortar (Other boards cannot be delivered to my location apparently)
HyperX Predator 3200 MHz or equivalent RAM

Finally, my target resolution is 1080p 144Hz.

So which combo do you think will help me achieve that.
Any feedbacks will be appreciated :).

Solution
The 2600x is already factory OC to the gills, making it difficult at best to really go much (if any) higher on the clocks. That's what made the 2600 so popular, that and the lower price. So that cpu with that reason is kinda bunk. The 3600 has considerably more OC room in comparison.
At 1080p, the 5700 is overkill, even with 144Hz for most games, as it'll be on the cpu to get that fps in the first place, which the 3600 is much more inclined to do than a 2600x.

#1 is the better option of the 3.
If at all possible, you really should go with the RX 5700XT (Not the reference blower style though), and the R5 3600. There's no logical reason to buy the R5 2600X now, and when it comes to GPU's, the RX 5700XT is a far better use of your money than the 2060 Super ever would be. The rest of your component choice seems solid, though I personally do not like the H500 due to it's heavily restrictive front air intakes.

Jul 14, 2019
If at all possible, you really should go with the RX 5700XT (Not the reference blower style though), and the R5 3600. There's no logical reason to buy the R5 2600X now, and when it comes to GPU's, the RX 5700XT is a far better use of your money than the 2060 Super ever would be. The rest of your component choice seems solid, though I personally do not like the H500 due to it's heavily restrictive front air intakes.

Thanks for your reply.I do know that the ideal selection would be RX 5700XT and R5 3600 however, I am on a tight budget and selecting those parts would cost me about £80 more so I have to select one of the above mentioned combos :(
I am aware that the front of the H500 is completely blocked of but I don't see another case at the same price point which would perform better. The Meshify C is again gonna cost me about £20 pounds more and the only other case I could opt for other than H500 is the Define Mini C. Do you think that would be a better option?

The Define Mini C should do you just fine, yes. Certainly a lot better than the H500. I have to ask, but as you're giving prices in British pounds, how is it that you say that "Other boards cannot be delivered to my location apparently". Why is this?

Jul 14, 2019
The Define Mini C should do you just fine, yes. Certainly a lot better than the H500. I have to ask, but as you're giving prices in British pounds, how is it that you say that "Other boards cannot be delivered to my location apparently". Why is this?

I will order from amazon.uk but I live in a Middle Eastern country called Oman so for some unknown reasons (probably shipping restrictions?) the only other board that would ship is the Asrock B450M Steel Legend, but I still prefer the Mortar because of the debug LEDs and stuff.

Jul 14, 2019

Also the shipping costs are insane so that eats into my budget, hence I cannot select the 3600 and 5700 XT for example.

Ah I see. Do German or Dutch firms not ship to Oman? I mean, it's not like it's in the middle of the rainforest or anything. Oman is a pretty big place, no? In any case, the Mortar would definitely be the better board, and if you can get the Define Mini C that would be perfect :)

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The 2600x is already factory OC to the gills, making it difficult at best to really go much (if any) higher on the clocks. That's what made the 2600 so popular, that and the lower price. So that cpu with that reason is kinda bunk. The 3600 has considerably more OC room in comparison.
At 1080p, the 5700 is overkill, even with 144Hz for most games, as it'll be on the cpu to get that fps in the first place, which the 3600 is much more inclined to do than a 2600x.

Solution
Jul 14, 2019
Ah I see. Do German or Dutch firms not ship to Oman? I mean, it's not like it's in the middle of the rainforest or anything. Oman is a pretty big place, no? In any case, the Mortar would definitely be the better board, and if you can get the Define Mini C that would be perfect :)

I have tried Amazon.de and Amazon.fr, unfortunately none of them seem to ship here. Thanks for the advise, I will surely get the Define Mini C instead of H500. Oman is relatively big, but there are no PC parts retailers here and there are gaming laptops with 1050tis and i5 8300H which go for about $1260 so there is no point going with that.

Jul 14, 2019

Thanks for the suggestion, I will most likely go with that then. I have watched tutorials on flashing the bios using USB Flashback, If I follow the steps correctly is it going to be successful 100% of the time?

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
I agree that the 3600 paired with a 5700 XT would be the best choice for you if you are determined to get 144 fps at 1080p.
But if you buy that AsRock motherboard you will either have to buy an older AMD CPU like an Athlon 200G to use to update the BIOS or find a local PC shop to update the BIOS for you.
I personally have a Ryzen 5 2600 OC'd to 4 GHz with a GTX 1660 Ti and I get anywhere from 85 to 120+ fps on current AAA games set on Ultra.
So if you have a limited budget you might want to consider a Ryzen 5 2600 for now and upgrade to a Ryzen 7 3700x or a Ryzen 5 3600 in the future.