Oct 15, 2021
PLEASE HELP!

I have a ryzen 5 5600x oc at 4.7GHz, and i have an aio coolermaster masterliquid 360l v2

At idle my cpu is around 57 C but could spike to 68 C sometimes.

That spike is worrisome because the load is less than 10% but could spike that high...

I've put my aio in the front as intake, which i believe is fine

any input would help

Solution
quick quesiton, how do i enable pbo2? which part in the UEFI? im using an asus rog b550 motherboard.
57c at idle and 68c spikes is very good. Under a real all-core processing loads (stress test) you might see temps to push up to 90-95C.

Enable PBO in BIOS settings on the AI Tweaker screens....possibly something called Precision Boost Overdrive or something like that. Go check some you-tube vids for how it's done with the curve optimizer and an undervolt. You may need to hit F7 first to get out of the 'EZ' screen.

If you're doing it now, manual all-core overclocking with fixed voltage isn't recommended for Ryzen, especially just for gaming since it usually leaves a lot of performance on the table for light or single threaded...
PLEASE HELP!

I have a ryzen 5 5600x oc at 4.7GHz, and i have an aio coolermaster masterliquid 360l v2

At idle my cpu is around 57 C but could spike to 68 C sometimes.

That spike is worrisome because the load is less than 10% but could spike that high...

I've put my aio in the front as intake, which i believe is fine

any input would help
10% load is far from idle (>1%) so no wonder your temps are so high. If it's permanent 4.7GHz OC with no frequency drops at idle or low loads. that's another reason.

Oct 15, 2021
10% load is far from idle (>1%) so no wonder your temps are so high. If it's permanent 4.7GHz OC with no frequency drops at idle or low loads. that's another reason.
10% but i dont have any apps running...
and, it is 4.7ghz permanent, should i turn it down to 4.5/4.3? or perhaps lower

10% but i dont have any apps running...
and, it is 4.7ghz permanent, should i turn it down to 4.5/4.3? or perhaps lower
How about just leaving it on auto boost settings, eventually using PBO2 ? Lowering all core OC would mean loss of performance. Ryzen are quite adept at regulating frequency as needed according to load, It should hit 4.7GHz on single core and 4.5GHz on others at required loads.
About 10% "idle", you may not be intentionally running any APPs but there must be a lot running in the background,

Oct 15, 2021
How about just leaving it on auto boost settings, eventually using PBO2 ? Lowering all core OC would mean loss of performance. Ryzen are quite adept at regulating frequency as needed according to load, It should hit 4.7GHz on single core and 4.5GHz on others at required loads.
About 10% "idle", you may not be intentionally running any APPs but there must be a lot running in the background,
quick quesiton, how do i enable pbo2? which part in the UEFI? im using an asus rog b550 motherboard.

57c at idle and 68c spikes is very good. Under a real all-core processing loads (stress test) you might see temps to push up to 90-95C.

Enable PBO in BIOS settings on the AI Tweaker screens....possibly something called Precision Boost Overdrive or something like that. Go check some you-tube vids for how it's done with the curve optimizer and an undervolt. You may need to hit F7 first to get out of the 'EZ' screen.

If you're doing it now, manual all-core overclocking with fixed voltage isn't recommended for Ryzen, especially just for gaming since it usually leaves a lot of performance on the table for light or single threaded applications.

Last edited:
Solution