[SOLVED] CPU is overheating all the time ?

Feb 2, 2022
Hi. I bought a PC 2 years ago and I didn't test the CPU temp since the last month. I realized that my PC was running too slow so I decided to check the CPU temp. It was at 100 degrees Celsius at idle. I cleaned the PC and the temperature got back to 70 degrees on idle. I thought that it was okay but now on the forums, people are saying 40 to 50 degrees is great for water-cooling setups.

I have 5 fans on my pc and I have Thermaltake Water Cooler but it still goes up to 95 degrees while playing GTA V at max settings. I can't post any pictures but I have:

MSI B450-MAX v2 motherboard
Ryzen 5 3600x CPU
RTX 2060 GPU.
Thermaltake Water Cooler
5 fans

It goes up to 90 degrees at 30 percent CPU usage. 60 degrees at 60 percent GPU usage. Thank you for your help.

Solution
Hey there,

In an average system, you would expect most CPU's to idle in the 28-35c or thereabouts. Idling at 70c is not good. Typically at gaming load you would expect your CPU to be around the 55-70c mark, and up to 80c at stress testing. It could very well be the pump in the AIO is not functioning. Your temps are too high. Worth either replacing the AIO with a new one, or go for a Noctua NH D15 if you want an air cooler.

My own 5600x with a 240l AIO runs at 26-30 idle, game load at 50-60c, stress testing about 72c.
Hey there,

In an average system, you would expect most CPU's to idle in the 28-35c or thereabouts. Idling at 70c is not good. Typically at gaming load you would expect your CPU to be around the 55-70c mark, and up to 80c at stress testing. It could very well be the pump in the AIO is not functioning. Your temps are too high. Worth either replacing the AIO with a new one, or go for a Noctua NH D15 if you want an air cooler.

My own 5600x with a 240l AIO runs at 26-30 idle, game load at 50-60c, stress testing about 72c.

Solution
Feb 2, 2022
Hey there,

Thanks. I will go to the store where I bought my PC in a short notice.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead