[SOLVED] CPU not reaching baseclock at idle

Dec 8, 2019
I have a ryzen 7 2700x that runs idle at around 3.1 sometimes up to 3.9 idle but it claims the base speed is 4.0 and i was wondering if there is something I should do to reach that speed at idle.
unknown.png

Solution
The idle clock should actually be much lower unless you disabled or restricted power savings somewhere. The baseline clock is the lowest clock the CPU is guaranteed to run at on all cores under full load so long as the VRM can provide power and the HSF get rid of the heat.
Dec 8, 2019
The idle clock should actually be much lower unless you disabled or restricted power savings somewhere. The baseline clock is the lowest clock the CPU is guaranteed to run at on all cores under full load so long as the VRM can provide power and the HSF get rid of the heat.
whats a good free cpu benchmark?

Dec 8, 2019
2700x "base speed" is 3.7, did you OC it?

Usually the CPU naturally goes from ~2ghz to ~4.3ghz depending on usage.
in my bios settings i didnt OC anything, all that i OCed was my ram to like 3734 or something

with that said in my ASUS BIOS i went to EZ mode and did some turbo mode thing at the top right, and now whenever i start my pc it says "OVERCLOCKING 8%" and then it boots fine

i still manage to run idle at 35 C and underload at 40 C

Last edited: