Question CPU overheating after Windows update, despite low CPU load

Jun 17, 2022
Windows 10 updated last night and today shortly after Windows booted the fans started spinning on max. This is the first time I have encountered this issue and I am pretty sure the Windows update may have caused this. I have reverted the update back, checked if all drivers are up to date, did a sfc scan but to no avail, interestingly enough there is no noticeable heat emanating from the PC, infact the AIO exhaust air is as cool as can be. Otherwise, apart from the persistent overheating, the PC performs as expected.

CPU overheating under low load

Is there anything else I could possibly do to fix the issue?

wouldn't I experience system shut downs
Intel thermal throttling works great. The CPU will slow down just enough to prevent it from having a nuclear meltdown. Many users barely notice the reduced performance. Intel CPUs can happily run for hours or days at full temperature like this.

A CPU should not be running at 100°C when Task Manager Utilization is only 25%. The main issue is a cooling issue. You can open up the Task Manager, go to the Details tab and find out what is running on your computer. Some Windows background task might be stuck in an endless loop. If you leave your computer running for a while, this might fix itself. The under performing AIO will not fix itself.

Replace AIO.
Good advice. It could be loose or a thermal paste issue but like so many other AIOs, it is likely dead.

Reactions: FoodOfTheGods

TRENDING THREADS