Question CPU overheating even after replacement.

Dec 28, 2022
Please keep it to 1 thread
PLEASE HELP!
My PC has randomly started overheating and crashing where it has to be forced powered off and has only gotten worse.
My CPU temp not under load was 55-65 degrees C and 100 degrees under load when attempting to play a game. I replaced the CPU cooler with the Corsair iCUE H100i Elite Capellix and it now has an idle temp of 35-45s but will still reach 100 rather immediately under load.
My specs are
ProcessorIntel® Core™ i9-10900KF Processor
Processor CoolingENERMAX 240mm AQUAFUSION ARGB Liquid Cooler
MotherboardGIGABYTE Z490 AORUS ELITE

Dec 28, 2022
No case? Some images would help - side panel off, please.
How to: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/image-posting-via-imgur.3773266/

Cpu package power under load?
Gpu?
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 - 8GB GDDR6 - GIGABYTE EAGLE OC
CASE: iBUYPOWER Element MR Mirror Finished Tempered Glass ARGB Gaming Case

This is with new CPU just installed which is in original post
Unsure what CPU package power under load is if you can explain how to determine that I can check, thanks.

It was also making this noise along with the crashing but has occurred very few times.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2022
PLEASE HELP!
My PC has randomly started overheating and crashing where it has to be forced powered off and has only gotten worse.
My CPU temp not under load was 55-65 degrees C and 100 degrees under load when attempting to play a game. I replaced the CPU cooler with the Corsair iCUE H100i Elite Capellix and it now has an idle temp of 35-45s but will still reach 100 rather immediately under load.
My specs are

Has also made this noise a few times since issues started.

Dec 28, 2022
PLEASE HELP!
My specs are

Has also made this noise a few times since issues started.
How to: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/image-posting-via-imgur.3773266/

Gpu?

Gpu?

Gpu?

View: https://imgur.com/a/jQVqTrZ

CPU package power

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
This is with the new CPU installed.

That was idle, this is after simply opening the application call of duty
So we got:
1)An AIO/CLC not being used with it's stock fans, but round frame fans which just aren't great for pushing air through a radiator.
2)The round frame fans are sandwiched between radiator and a solid glass panel, just-a choking.

Even though 147w of heat energy should be well within a 240mm unit's capacity to handle, airflow at the front must be deader than dead...

Move the radiator to the top, put the original fans back on it, and check again. Basically, do this with it:
iu

Dec 28, 2022
So we got:
1)An AIO/CLC not being used with it's stock fans, but round frame fans which just aren't great for pushing air through a radiator.
2)The round frame fans are sandwiched between radiator and a solid glass panel, just-a choking.

Even though 147w of heat energy should be well within a 240mm unit's capacity to handle, airflow at the front must be deader than dead...

Move the radiator to the top, put the original fans back on it, and check again. Basically, do this with it:
iu
I will give it a shot and send an update afterwards. Thank you for your time.

Dec 28, 2022
So we got:

iu

The fan will not fit because of the ram unfortunately.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The fan will not fit because of the ram unfortunately.
I see...
Well... you are going to opt for an air cooler then, as an AIO does best installed against mesh panels and 120mm AIOs are a poor investment - except in Small Form Factor systems.

What is available to you? Where do you shop?
NH-D15S(or chromax version) is a easy recommendation: somewhat low height for a big air cooler, and doesn't interfere with ram, but it's pricey.
Scythe FUMA 2 Rev B. is another low profile, big air cooler.
Thermalright has their Silver Soul 135.

Dec 28, 2022
I see...
Well... you are going to opt for an air cooler then, as an AIO does best installed against mesh panels and 120mm AIOs are a poor investment - except in Small Form Factor systems.

What is available to you? Where do you shop?
NH-D15S(or chromax version) is a easy recommendation: somewhat low height for a big air cooler, and doesn't interfere with ram, but it's pricey.
Scythe FUMA 2 Rev B. is another low profile, big air cooler.
Thermalright has their Silver Soul 135.

I'm assuming NH-S15S is compatible with the specs and will fit the case that I have? If so I will give it a try.