Question Cpu overheating please help!!!

Aug 12, 2021
Sorry for my bad punctuation.

So recently about a year after I built my pc one day while I was playing modern warfare my pc froze and I got blue screened, after that everytime I would restart my pc I would get a startup message saying "cpu overheat" until one restart where every went extremely slow and it wouldn't get passed "press for for bios" and my computer was unusable. I finally got in after hours of trying and reset my pc new windows and everything, now it was fixed for some odd reason. Come about 2 months later it happens again i start getting "cpu overheat" when I would restart and my cpu would read 95c on nzxt monitor. I have a 3700x ry7. I reset windows x2 and turned off my xmp profile thinking this would fix it and for awhile it did, come to today and I was just annoyed I was getting a measly 150fps on modern warfare dropping down to even 120-140 sometimes which compared to how it was before everything started happening with my pc it wasn't right. So I turned xmp back on and then boom right then a mega ton of errors disk errors out the wahoo pc being slow and not working till randomly 2 hours later it loaded up like nothing happend, and then poof it was gone everything was working. Today after all these issues everything was going fine my nzxt was reading 90c but I continued my life, while I was playing old school runescape I started hitting 30frames... now if you've ever played old school runescape hitting 30fps with a 2k pc should be actually impossible unless you were running 30 of them. Then I tried playing League and I was getting 40fps... something is wrong maybe with my bios, motherboard, cpu, cpu cooler I don't know but I dont have a job and im scared I will need new parts please help. If anyone needs addition data I'd be happy to search for it. Also I've hear the 3700x series show 20c hotter than they actually are but I don't know if that's true or not. Thanks so much.

Aug 12, 2021
What is your cooler? Have you tried replacing thermal paste?
ID-COOLING AURAFLOW X 240 CPU Water Cooler 12V RGB AIO Cooler 240mm CPU Liquid Cooler 2X120mm RGB Fan, Intel 115X/1200/2066, AMD AM4

And no I have not tried reapplying thermal paste do you think that could fix it?

Jmi20

Prominent
Jun 5, 2020
Try reapplying thermal paste first and see if the problem is solved. If not then the cooler is dead.

i would suggest that you use a good (noctua) air cooler instead, they are more reliable and can in most situations outperform AIO coolers.

Aug 12, 2021
Please list full specs of your system.
Model names of:
cpu,motherboard,gpu,psu,ram,hdds/ssds.

How old is the liquid cpu cooler?
If cpu temperasture gets to 95C, then cpu cooler may be broken (pump died, clogged cpu block).
Cpu: 3700x ryzen 7 a year old

Motherboard: b550-f asus probably 2-3 years idk I bought it off ebay

Gpu:2080 super Nvidia

Psu:700w smart Thermaltake powerfully 80+

Ram: lpx corsair vengeance 16x2 pack

Ssd: barracuda 1tb ssd

Cpu cooler:aura flow aio cooler

Bazzy 505

Respectable
Jul 17, 2021
orU5nXs.jpg

From what you are describing, your AIO cold plate may look like this. The image you see above is from auraflow x240 after 6 months of use.
While it is technically possible to clean and chemically treat it, it's hardly worth the effort. Cause of this is typically missing anticorrosive
additives in AIO liquid. Somebody in factory may have botched a batch.

I would suggest replacing it the AIO with a new one