[SOLVED] CPU overheating whilst gaming/streaming ?

Aug 14, 2021
CPU: Intel i5-10400F CPU @ 2.90GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
Radiator: MSI MAG Core Liquid 240r
Case: Thermaltake Versa H17 Black
Power: Thermaltake Smart BX1 650W
RAM: Z-ONE RGB 16 GB (2x8GB)

So when I initially built my pc (first build ever), I had zero problems whatsoever. Idling I was running at about mid 20s - 30s C and gaming at about the 50 degrees range.

Eventually, after about 6 months or so, I began streaming and wanted to install a second monitor. Some time after that, I randomly came back from hanging up some washing to my PC idling at over 90 degrees.

I did some research and took it to the computer store I had bought the parts from, and we decided that a repaste would be the optimal way forward without having to shell out for a new cooler. After doing so the issue has definitely lessened, but lately while streaming games like Rocket League and Mortal Shell I'm getting up to temps of 90 degrees plus once again. I've cleaned the entire PC so dust shouldn't be an issue, and I figured the case didn't have ideal airflow for the radiator (it's mounted on the right hand side of the case behind the plastic front which doesn't have the best ventilation) and everything seems to be plugged in correctly. I've also set the fans to run at max through the BIOS. I'm at a loss here, the cooler surely isn't rooted after only 8 months?!

Any ideas would be super helpful!! Thanks in advance!!

Solution
What is the temp in the room with the PC?!
The hotter the room the more difficult for the cooler to cool the CPU.
Also 90C isn't dangerous even if people don't like seeing it, the CPU only starts throttling at around 100, so while not great it's also not that bad.
D

Deleted member 1560910

Did you clean out the radiator ? They can be a lot of build up of dust between the fans and the rad . I would start there

Aug 14, 2021
I think that might be the only way forward. I repasted again and when pulling the header off i noticed some bubbles in the previous paste. So I reapplied and left the front of the case pulled off for more air flow and the glass side panel off and i seem to be idling in the mid 20's - low 30's now?

Also 90C isn't dangerous even if people don't like seeing it, the CPU only starts throttling at around 100, so while not great it's also not that bad.

Solution