Aug 6, 2019
Hey guys, I’m having CPU cooling problems. I have an intel i7 6700k cooled by an EK-XLC Predator 280 AIO cooler. It has worked flawlessly for the last 3 years however just now my CPU has started to overheat it gets up to about 89-90+ degree range just in desktop. Is there something I can do maintenance wise to the cooler? As I have never touched it since installed or should I just buy a new cooler?

Solution
You mean you've never cleaned out the radiator? If the rad is caked with dust, it gets no air. If it gets no air it can't cool the cpu and the temps go up.

You don't need to buy a new cooler, you just need to actually clean the old one.

If you have cleaned it, it's probable that the coolant needs a refill. Contact EK and they'll sell you some coolant to do so. There are instructions in your user manual on how to do this.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
You mean you've never cleaned out the radiator? If the rad is caked with dust, it gets no air. If it gets no air it can't cool the cpu and the temps go up.

You don't need to buy a new cooler, you just need to actually clean the old one.

If you have cleaned it, it's probable that the coolant needs a refill. Contact EK and they'll sell you some coolant to do so. There are instructions in your user manual on how to do this.

Solution