McCoffee

Commendable
Feb 21, 2019
I was swapping my GPU and power supply today
I accidentally connected a pcie power cable to what I believe is a CPU power connector on the EVGA G2 1000W PSU.
The connector fit perfectly and was not forced.

When I realised the error I swapped gpu and power connector as I did not actually have the correct VGA power connector needed for dual 8-pin power.

The system now bootloops to the bios and won't boot to Windows.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Solution
I accidentally connected a pcie power cable to what I believe is a CPU power connector on the EVGA G2 1000W PSU.

When I realised the error I swapped gpu and power connector. As I did not actually have the correct VGA power connector needed for dual 8-pin power.

A little confused. This PSU has the correct PCIE power connectors for 8-pin power. This PSU comes with six 6+2 pin connectors, so it can handle dual 8-pin power for three such GPUs.

Let's get your full specs here. Hopefully, you have a CPU with integrated graphics (this is...

DSzymborski

Titan

When I realised the error I swapped gpu and power connector. As I did not actually have the correct VGA power connector needed for dual 8-pin power.

A little confused. This PSU has the correct PCIE power connectors for 8-pin power. This PSU comes with six 6+2 pin connectors, so it can handle dual 8-pin power for three such GPUs.

Let's get your full specs here. Hopefully, you have a CPU with integrated graphics (this is why it's strongly recommended to give full specs, so that we don't have to spend time figuring out what the equipment actually is that could be better spent dealing with the problem). Unfortunately, if you successfully connected a CPU power connector to the GPU and now the GPU doesn't work, it may have been fried. The wrong voltages coming into the wrong places leads to an extremely poor prognosis when something isn't working afterwards.

Spsgx.png

Solution

McCoffee

Commendable
Feb 21, 2019

Let's get your full specs here. Hopefully, you have a CPU with integrated graphics (this is why it's strongly recommended to give full specs, so that we don't have to spend time figuring out what the equipment actually is that could be better spent dealing with the problem). Unfortunately, if you successfully connected a CPU power connector to the GPU and now the GPU doesn't work, it may have been fried. The wrong voltages coming into the wrong places leads to an extremely poor prognosis when something isn't working afterwards.

Spsgx.png
Full specs:
I5 6600k
Asus Z-270 P
8gb DDR4
EVGA G2 1000W
Gainward RTX 2080 Pheonix

I just set the GPU into my 2nd upgrade system and can confirm it works perfectly fine
This system is
Ryzen 2700x
Asus Strix x470
and the RTX 2080