user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

I have just updated an Asus P4P800 SE Mainboard from a P4 2.0Ghz cpu to a P4
3.2Ghz Prescott and everything thing seems normal apart from one thing. In
Device Manager | Computer its reads ACPI Multiprocessor PC and under
Processors I have two instances of Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20Ghz.

Is this correct, I think not, if so can I just delete one of the two in
"Processors"?

TIA
<<S>>

your processor probably uses hyperthreading that is like it has 2 cpus in
one

nothing to worry about, leave it as it is.