AmeedMv

Honorable
Dec 2, 2015
As the current GPU market isn't going to be going back to normal any time soon, I have to buy my GPU after I complete my build.

Parts for the PC with peripherals are around $1200.

Here is the partlist.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/ameedmv/saved/#view=mD6Jyc

My question is, should I go for the Ryzen 5000 APU chips or even an i7-11700 from Intel until I get a GPU. OR should I stick with the i5-11600K for now.

For a little bit of context, I'll be using this for gaming, light streaming to discord, 3D animation, rendering, modeling and graphic design.

The problem is I might get a GPU later on and I want to use the PC for some light gaming and such while I wait. The problem is that I have very low expectations of the igpu from Intel and the AMD APU only gives PCIE 3.0.

Help me choose a good one here and let me know if there's a noticeable disadvantage whilst using PCIE 3.0 if I go with AMD. Any experience with Intel igpu is also welcome.

Thank you in advance for any help!

Solution
As the current GPU market isn't going to be going back to normal any time soon, I have to buy my GPU after I complete my build.

Here is the partlist.

My question is, should I go for the Ryzen 5000 APU chips or even an i7-11700 from Intel until I get a GPU. OR should I stick with the i5-11600K for now.

For a little bit of context, I'll be using this for gaming, light streaming to discord, 3D animation, rendering, modeling and graphic design.

The problem is I might get a GPU later on and I want to use the PC for some light gaming and such while I wait. The problem is that I have very low expectations of the igpu...

Here is the partlist.

The problem is I might get a GPU later on and I want to use the PC for some light gaming and such while I wait. The problem is that I have very low expectations of the igpu from Intel and the AMD APU only gives PCIE 3.0.

Help me choose a good one here and let me know if there's a noticeable disadvantage whilst using PCIE 3.0 if I go with AMD. Any experience with Intel igpu is also welcome.

Thank you in advance for any help!
i think some of us already explained before. if you need both cpu and good gpu powers, go amd, downside would be pcie 3.0 (solution: sell 5600g if you already have gpu and go 5600x or 5800x if you still aim for pcie 4), which is mostly half the bandwith of pcie 4.0. If you really need that 4.0, then go intel. also rule of thumb for good igpu performance wether amd or intel, dual channel it + high speed ram (and lower CL as it will increase the data rate close to rated speed).

If you are really depressed about the 4.0, you should reconsider if you really need that in top priority or not, since at the time you get your hands on gpu on affordable price, you could buy 5600x or 5800x at that time too at affordable prices.

4.0 is a good investment if you really notice and need for a bandwith starving device. other than that? hardly noticeable (heck even a good nvme ssd or gpu run on pcie 3.0 is pretty good enough if utilized to the max)

Last edited:
Reactions: AmeedMv
Solution

AmeedMv

Honorable
Dec 2, 2015
i think some of us already explained before. if you need both cpu and good gpu powers, go amd, downside would be pcie 3.0 (solution: sell 5600g if you already have gpu and go 5600x or 5800x if you still aim for pcie 4), which is mostly half the bandwith of pcie 4.0. If you really need that 4.0, then go intel. also rule of thumb for good igpu performance wether amd or intel, dual channel it + high speed ram (and lower CL as it will increase the data rate close to rated speed).

If you are really depressed about the 4.0, you should reconsider if you really need that in top priority or not, since at the time you get your hands on gpu on affordable price, you could buy 5600x or 5800x at that time too at affordable prices.

4.0 is a good investment if you really notice and need for a bandwith starving device. other than that? hardly noticeable (heck even a good nvme ssd or gpu run on pcie 3.0 is pretty good enough if utilized to the max)

Thanks! I think I was just too frustrated and ignorant to go AMD. But like you said it's a barely a noticeable difference. The only problem or downside being selling it and getting a new one for myself.

Fortunately some good news in the past 48 hours. I had a friend reach out and offered to get me a GPU from China nearly at MSRP price, he works in shipping so he can talk directly to verified suppliers. So I definitely wanna get the i5-11600K now that it is possible to fit the GPU into my budget. Thanks again for the help!