Creative's Encore 12X DVD and W2k!!!

G

can anyone get the creativelab's encore 12x DVD drive work with windows 2000?

I installed the dxr3 driver successflly, but I couldn't installt he PC-DVD player software that comes with the package. What should I do?

bdaley

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I had the same #%@#&!$ problem! I tried for days to get it to work under Win2K. I even downloaded the Win2K beta driver from Creative. It still worked like crap (if it worked at all)!

Interestingly, the 12x Creative WITHOUT the controller card is supported under Win2K.

I finally gave up and re-installed 98SE, since I really wanted to use the DVD player. It works great now.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Good luck.

"There's no such thing as gravity, the Earth just sucks"

G

Creativ really sux. They dont' even offer tech support for windows 2000. I did download the beta driver for win2k, the decoder card driver was installed successfully. The problem is with the software in the PC-DVD software CD. Everytime when I try to install it, the blue screen appears and telling me that it is "dumping physical memory onto the disk". I am so frustrated.

It seems that none of the creative's stuff works fine under win2k. I also bought the platinum sound card, but haven't installed it yet. Not sure whether it will work or not.

Creative isn't that creative ANYMORE!!