Jan 14, 2020
Hi guys, so two days ago i went to sleep and turn of my computer, i realize that my RGB mouse case and keyboard werent off but i really needed to sleep so i went to do it, on the morning my new 8gb ram came from amazon, i notices that my pc was on, i turn it off plug in the ram turn it on everything cool the system did detectes the new ram now having 16gb of ram, i open up overwatch check everything was good and then i had a Blue screen with CRITICAL PROCESS DIED

i was like okey i just restarted my pc and will be okey but no i was keep getting this blue screen over and over, i realize that my new RAM could be the thing that was creatings this blue screens so i get the new ram off the motherboard and launch it with only my old 8gb of ram but i did keep getting the blue screen,

i delete everything i did install windows again with only one ram and it was okey for like 45 minutes, i re install the new ram and had again a blue screen i was like okey its 100% confirm is the ram so run it back with only one ram and install windows again but now surprise i still managed to get the blue screen CRITICAL PROCES DIED with one or two rams on it,

but i saw that every time windows restarted i was getting a check on the HDD every single time and to check the disks a run Scann now and CHKDSK commands and it get me good results nothing bad, but i was keep getting this blue screens (wit one and two rams) check the HDD with Crystal Disk Info and it seems is harmed,

got a lot of dead points on the HDD so, any thoughts?
Could be my ram? Or it was a casualty because my HDD was damages before installing the new ram?

I do remember having a blue screen in the second day of uses to this computer, i only have used for a month, my HDD is a seagate barracuda and i read some reviews and saw it was pretty bad, in the other hand a read reviews on the ram i got and they all were 5/5 o 10/10 so guys please, help, any thoughts?

[mod edit - spacing]

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
I added some spacing as people not inclined to read 15+ lines without either a strong coffee or some spaces :)

It could have been the hdd all along, as it was involved in all transactions. Critical process isn't a typical RAM error, or should I say, ram errors tend to be more random and not the same one all the time. the error may have been caused by the hdd. BSOD generally can't physically hurt hardware, they can be the result of broken hardware

There are a number of files that are classified as critical. Many relate to logging in or your user client, but others relate to actually booting. And its possible the parts of the drive that are causing errors now are where the boot partition is held and it may be corrupting those files...
Jan 14, 2020
Hi guys, so two days ago i went to sleep and turn of my computer, i realize that my RGB mouse case and keyboard werent off but i really needed to sleep so i went to do it, on the morning my new 8gb ram came from amazon, i notices that my pc was on, i turn it off plug in the ram turn it on everything cool the system did detectes the new ram now having 16gb of ram, i open up overwatch check everything was good and then i had a Blue screen with CRITICAL PROCESS DIED , i was like okey i just restarded my pc and will be okey but no i was keep getting this blue screen over and over, i realize that my new RAM could be the thing that was creatings this blue screens so i get the new ram off the motherboard and launch it with only my old 8gb of ram but i did keep getting the blue screen, i delete everything i did install windows againg with only one ram and it was okey for like 45 minutes, i re install the new ram and had again a blue screen i was like okey its 100% confirm is the ram so run it back with only one ram and install windows again but now surprise i still managed to get the blue screen CRITICAL PROCES DIED with one or two rams on it, but i saw that every time windows restarded i was getting a check on the HDD every single time and to check the disks a run Scann now and CHKDSK commands and it get me good results nothing bad, but i was keep getting this blue screens (wit one and two rams) check the HDD with Crystal Disk Info and it seems is harmed, got a lot of dead points on the HDD so, any thoughts? Could be my ram? Or it was a casualty because my HDD was damages before installing the new ram? I do remember having a blue screen in the second day of uses to this computer, i only have used for a month, my HDD is a seagate barracuda and i read some reviews and saw it was pretty bad, in the other hand a read reviews on the ram i got and they all were 5/5 o 10/10 so guys please, help, any thoughts?
Btw im new to this forum pardon my english and pardon me if a post it om the incorrect tag

Colif

Win 11 Master
I added some spacing as people not inclined to read 15+ lines without either a strong coffee or some spaces :)

It could have been the hdd all along, as it was involved in all transactions. Critical process isn't a typical RAM error, or should I say, ram errors tend to be more random and not the same one all the time. the error may have been caused by the hdd. BSOD generally can't physically hurt hardware, they can be the result of broken hardware

There are a number of files that are classified as critical. Many relate to logging in or your user client, but others relate to actually booting. And its possible the parts of the drive that are causing errors now are where the boot partition is held and it may be corrupting those files hence the error.

Try another hdd and see if its all you need.

You could Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.

Last edited:
Solution