Crossfire Question Good or Not Good?

G

Hi bros, :bounce: here is the situation,

i have right now the PowerColor Radeon HD6770

here is the link:
http://powercolor.com/us/products_features.asp?id=343

and i want to purchase another one called XFX Radeon HD 6770

here is the link:
http://xfxforce.com/en-us/Products/Graphics-Cards/AMD/AMD-Radeon-HD-6000-Series/AMD-Radeon-HD-6770.aspx

u think they will match? i think they are the same just the brand is what it changes?

it will be enough to play the newest games at Max Quality with no FPS issues?

thanks for your help! :hello:

Solution
Just as long as they have the same clocks and memory then it's fine.

But Guru3D has said this about the crossfire of 6770:

"So the Radeon HD 6770. We are now in 2011 and for the latest games one R6770 is barely enough for the more modern DX11 titles. Hence we wanted to look into Crossfire performance. Admittedly, for 200 EUR you will be in the same region and playing field as one Radeon HD 6970, and that's not bad really. For the bigger DX11 titles with huge textures and image quality settings the R6970 will be a better choice as it has 2GB of graphics memory assigned to the GPU whereas the two GB you have available for the 6770 in Crossfire has 1GB per GPU available which is 128-bit as well. But for a 100 EUR price difference in...

fantastik250

Distinguished
Just as long as they have the same clocks and memory then it's fine.

But Guru3D has said this about the crossfire of 6770:

"So the Radeon HD 6770. We are now in 2011 and for the latest games one R6770 is barely enough for the more modern DX11 titles. Hence we wanted to look into Crossfire performance. Admittedly, for 200 EUR you will be in the same region and playing field as one Radeon HD 6970, and that's not bad really. For the bigger DX11 titles with huge textures and image quality settings the R6970 will be a better choice as it has 2GB of graphics memory assigned to the GPU whereas the two GB you have available for the 6770 in Crossfire has 1GB per GPU available which is 128-bit as well. But for a 100 EUR price difference in favor of the R6770 CFX, well... I'd prolly opt the latter choice. So yeah the CrossfireX performance bring the two HIS R6770 ICEQ Turbo cards roughly to the performance of the Radeon HD 6970, and that's not bad really.

Overall the R6770 remains a decent entry-level graphics in the sub-100 EUR market. Really, I'm not happy about the GPU respin from AMD as literally it is just the name was changed from 5770 to 6770, but at a lower price versus the product we have in hands today, we can't complain either."

Source: http://www.guru3d.com/article/his-radeon-6770-iceqx-turbo-crossfire-review/21

Solution
G

thanks for the link dude! so basically the crossfire will be a good option, and cheaper :p !!!!! TY!

catshannon

Honorable
May 31, 2012

You can crossfire any two cards that the first 2 numbers match irrelevant of brand EG: An asus 6850 and a gigabyte 6870 will cross fire but they will clock to the 6850 as it is the lower abd cannot over perform.