Question Cursor acceleration pc, losing smoothness

Apr 27, 2023
Hello guys,

Context : i am a fps enjoyer and i can't aim with this! Sorry for bad english !

It's happening of both of my pc so i don't think this is a hardware problem but who knows.

I'm posting videos who shows the problem on windows and on games where i shake my mouse for 5 seconds and it's better and where i play normally its worse

video windows :
View: https://youtu.be/PclWNdjkMEU
look at the cursor : at first, i shake my mouse pretty slowly and it's feeling ok and at the middle, i shake my mouse rapidly and at the end, its feels like the sens is increased.

fps 1 :
View: https://youtu.be/zN2YZ2Agcps
its feeling ok because i'm moving mouse
fps 2 :
View: https://youtu.be/c1adFqExcQI
its not feeling ok because i'm not moving the mouse enough

fps 3 :
View: https://youtu.be/YkU07t-hqzo
its faster at the end because i moved faster like wtf (not smooth too)

Build laptop Legion 5 15ACH6H: Ryzen 5 5600H 3.3 GHz / 16 Go RAM / 512 Go / RTX 3070 laptop / 165hz Monitor
PROBLEM : cursor acceleration / resulting in lose of smoothness in games and on windows too. the problem is annoying because ennemies are accelerating in my perspective and it's not smooth.
SYMPTOMS : feels like my sens is accelerating and losing smoothness (my fps are fine though)
SOLUTION ( ONLY PATH TO EXPLORE) : ?? i have to shake my mouse in order to come back to normal (for 3 seconds and it's weird again).
What I have tried already :
Hardware : Switch graphic card to another
Switch ram / remove /add
Tried different brands of mouse's ( razer viper, razer viper 8k, logitech pro, and some old mouse)
D
ifferent keyboards
Different headsets
Tried to connect the mouse to every usb ports on the pc

Software : Reinstalled Windows 10 and 11
Reset pc with deleting all files
Installed ubuntu (linux)
Disabled mouse accel in windows (enhanced pointer precision)
Tried MarkC fix
Windows sens is at 6/11 (default)
Different dpi (400,800,1600,3200)
Different polling rate (125,500,1000,2000,4000,8000)
Vsync off / vsync on
Nvidia 3d highest refresh rate
Bios updated
Ddu reinstall driver / latest drivers gpu
Switch power plans

I beg for any help please =)))

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 27, 2023
What

is the ping/latency to the game you are playing? Do you have any packet loss?
Thank you for your answer. it is not a specific game, it's also on Windows. my Nvidia graphic latency on the games i play are 0-0,5ms. I know that sounds weird but i feel it. My ping to most servers is 30ms. No packet loss at all. In fact, i get it when i play offline too. You can see it on the windows video that i posted, you can distinguished at the end that it's faster than the debut

Thank you ur so nice guys.

Apr 27, 2023
Also i tested mousetester which test the polling rate of the mouse (currently my mouse is logitech pro at 1000hz maximum) and i got this result which shows 1500-2000hz. Is it a bug of the software? i ran it multiple times

Here is the image mousetester

Thank you for your answer. it is not a specific game, it's also on Windows. my Nvidia graphic latency on the games i play are 0-0,5ms. I know that sounds weird but i feel it. My ping to most servers is 30ms. No packet loss at all. In fact, i get it when i play offline too. You can see it on the windows video that i posted, you can distinguished at the end that it's faster than the debut

Thank you ur so nice guys.
Try a clean boot. This can let you know if there is a non-Microsoft service causing the issue.

Apr 27, 2023
Hello helper800, thanks for the answer. I ran latency monitor and there is a error latencymon I don't know what it says exactly however. I tested the UFObluster but i didn't see the alien acting strange. I think it's because it's a animation and my mouse has no control over it.

Apr 27, 2023
Wait nvm there is a difference, but barely noticeable, i think i will record to determine it after work.

Wait nvm there is a difference, but barely noticeable, i think i will record to determine it after work.
I do not know why, but it seems that the relative speed of the computer is going up and down kind of like when you turn off the fps limit on an old emulator game, the game actually speeds up with higher fps. I do not know why such a thing would happen to a PC.

Last edited:
Hello helper800, thanks for the answer. I ran latency monitor and there is a error latencymon I don't know what it says exactly however. I tested the UFObluster but i didn't see the alien acting strange. I think it's because it's a animation and my mouse has no control over it.
This is basically saying that there is a relatively high latency caused by the Nvidia driver. This can be caused by many things and not just the driver itself. Obviously if you have clean installed the latest Nvidia driver with DDU then that should not be the cause. Next comes Windows's and how it is utilizing those drivers. If something is wrong with how windows is using your graphics drivers that can cause higher latencies. Something else that would not be obvious, but in a PC dirty contacts on the graphics card fingers, or the PCIe slot itself. You can get a flashlight and check around the GPU on the motherboard. If anything has any rust or is dirty in any way, use isopropyl alcohol to clean it. There are some other things that are software related as well but those are usually hard to track down.

Last edited:
How old is the motherboard? I found this reddit post from a couple years ago that is close to your issue. I would clear the CMOS. If that doesn't work get a new CMOS battery. If that doesn't work go into BIOS and reset everything to default. If that doesn't work you might be looking at a new motherboard. Apparently there is a crystal not unlike one in a watch that is supposed to keep the speed and time of a computer in check no matter the clocking of the CPU. If this is out of whack, these types of issues can occur.

Apr 27, 2023
Thanks mate for all of your answers its really kind of you. Honestly i think my best bet is to send back the laptop. He is on warranty (9months old). I will send it back and i will update here

Reactions: helper800
Thanks mate for all of your answers its really kind of you. Honestly i think my best bet is to send back the laptop. He is on warranty (9months old). I will send it back and i will update here
For sure, definitely a bizarre issue. Since it is in warranty and the likely cause is CMOS/BIOS/Motherboard related, no point in voiding the warranty by trying to fix it yourself. Let us know how the RMA goes, and sorry it was not an easier fix.

Apr 27, 2023
Hey, little up, so nothing changed since rma. I have no clue on the problem. If it is present in Bios as well, it can't be related to software (windows or linux) right? thanks for reading, i will continue searching no matter what, i will update when i find the solution.

Hey, little up, so nothing changed since rma. I have no clue on the problem. If it is present in Bios as well, it can't be related to software (windows or linux) right? thanks for reading, i will continue searching no matter what, i will update when i find the solution.
I would say that if you are experiencing the issues in BIOS then the problem is decidedly not OS or Driver related.