Question Custom built pc stuttering issues while playing games and also watching streams or opening programs

May 1, 2020
So for the past couple of months i have been having issues playing any game, watching a stream and even opening a new program without it stuttering. It does not happen every time but if im playing a game it will randomly happen. I could be watching a twitch stream and it will randomly freeze for about 5-10 seconds and sometimes when it comes back i have no audio and need to change my audio device. I have ran multiple stress tests to test both the CPU and GPU. both seem to be working just fine. I ran a HD/SSD test to make sure they weren't failing. I also recently took my computer to FRY electronics just to be safe and he was not able to determine the issue "wasted my money".

What i can physically see -

every since i brought it to frys, my cpu cooler blinks red while playing games indicating its overheating. Check the temperature and it never goes over 65

Everything else seems to look normal with no smell or worry about something not working properly

What i have done -
Ran Malwarebytes Premium to make sure i didnt have anything detected
Ran CCleaner Pro to make sure no issues
Ran Unigine Valley - FPS - 192.5, Score 5133
Updated everything possilbe
Re seated the GPU multiple times
Re wired everything

Please help! i have tried talking to everyone i know who knows more about hardware/software and no one seems to have any idea.

PC SPECS
Processor - Intel Core i7-8700K 3.70GHz
Ram - Corsair Vengence LPX 16GB DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 : total of 32Gb of ram
CPU Cooler - Cooler master Masterair Ma410m
GPU - Evga GeForce RTX 2080 XC Gaming 8GB GDDR6 Dual HBD
Motherboard - ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING
Power supply - EVGA 750 N1, 750W
Memory -
Samsung SSD 860 evo 250gb
2 seagate barracuda HD 2tb

PC was built november 2019

any help is appreciated, i can also upload photos if that is needed. Thank you!

So for the past couple of months i have been having issues playing any game, watching a stream and even opening a new program without it stuttering. It does not happen every time but if im playing a game it will randomly happen. I could be watching a twitch stream and it will randomly freeze for about 5-10 seconds and sometimes when it comes back i have no audio and need to change my audio device. I have ran multiple stress tests to test both the CPU and GPU. both seem to be working just fine. I ran a HD/SSD test to make sure they weren't failing. I also recently took my computer to FRY electronics just to be safe and he was not able to determine the issue "wasted my money".

What i can physically see -

every since i brought it to frys, my cpu cooler blinks red while playing games indicating its overheating. Check the temperature and it never goes over 65

Everything else seems to look normal with no smell or worry about something not working properly

What i have done -
Ran Malwarebytes Premium to make sure i didnt have anything detected
Ran CCleaner Pro to make sure no issues
Ran Unigine Valley - FPS - 192.5, Score 5133
Updated everything possilbe
Re seated the GPU multiple times
Re wired everything

Please help! i have tried talking to everyone i know who knows more about hardware/software and no one seems to have any idea.

PC SPECS
Processor - Intel Core i7-8700K 3.70GHz
Ram - Corsair Vengence LPX 16GB DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 : total of 32Gb of ram
CPU Cooler - Cooler master Masterair Ma410m
GPU - Evga GeForce RTX 2080 XC Gaming 8GB GDDR6 Dual HBD
Motherboard - ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING
Power supply - EVGA 750 N1, 750W
Memory -
Samsung SSD 860 evo 250gb
2 seagate barracuda HD 2tb

PC was built november 2019

any help is appreciated, i can also upload photos if that is needed. Thank you!

The fact the temps are ok and the cpu / gpu run benchmark and stress tests fine suggests those components aren't the problem...

You mention when it happens you have to change audio device, can you elaborate on that? Are you using a USB gaming headset for example?

May 1, 2020
The fact the temps are ok and the cpu / gpu run benchmark and stress tests fine suggests those components aren't the problem...

You mention when it happens you have to change audio device, can you elaborate on that? Are you using a USB gaming headset for example?
yes i use a usb headset. HyperX headset.

So it doesnt always happen when it freezes.

List of all the issues:

Freezes when alt tabbing/just randomly
All 3 monitors will randomly shut off saying no display detected
my cpu fan blinks red "meaning its overheating"
sometimes when it freezes ill be in discord and will lose all sound and have to disconnect/reconnect

yes i use a usb headset. HyperX headset.

So it doesnt always happen when it freezes.

List of all the issues:

Freezes when alt tabbing/just randomly
All 3 monitors will randomly shut off saying no display detected
my cpu fan blinks red "meaning its overheating"
sometimes when it freezes ill be in discord and will lose all sound and have to disconnect/reconnect

I ran into problems with a game a while back that had a compatibility issue with the USB headset I was using... it may not be related but can you test the game without the headset (i.e. use the onboard 3.5mm audio connector instead)?

Alt - tab can cause problems as a rule if you are running in full screen mode. Switching the game to borderless window mode is generally safer (that does somewhat depend on the game) - like you I run multi monitors and typically have stuff open on the other screen I switch out to during game.

May 1, 2020
I ran into problems with a game a while back that had a compatibility issue with the USB headset I was using... it may not be related but can you test the game without the headset (i.e. use the onboard 3.5mm audio connector instead)?

Alt - tab can cause problems as a rule if you are running in full screen mode. Switching the game to borderless window mode is generally safer (that does somewhat depend on the game) - like you I run multi monitors and typically have stuff open on the other screen I switch out to during game.

I know what you mean, this is with every game and many other things. Thanks for the info tho.