May 23, 2020
Hello,
I've spotted a dead (black) spot on my screen. I have a brand new Asus, 2 or 3 months... What should I do? I've tried those seisure inducing videos but it didn't do the trick (probably beacuse this really is a dead, not stuck pixel). Is it worth to send it to the repair? Or is there a effective home fix?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
I have heard that rubbing the spot with a soapy finger may help.
Rumor or true, I don't know.

You can try to get it replaced under warranty.
Repair cost would involve replacing the panel so you might as well buy a new monitor.

An occasional bad pixel is normally not a valid reason for replacement under warranty.
There are standards set by the maker as to how many and where they are located.
Some monitors fetch a higher price for "perfect pixel" versions.

Still, if the spot is in a bad place, try and see if you can't get Asus or the store to send you a replacement.

If all else fails, buy a new monitor and keep the old as a side monitor.
I have heard that rubbing the spot with a soapy finger may help.
Rumor or true, I don't know.

You can try to get it replaced under warranty.
Repair cost would involve replacing the panel so you might as well buy a new monitor.

An occasional bad pixel is normally not a valid reason for replacement under warranty.
There are standards set by the maker as to how many and where they are located.
Some monitors fetch a higher price for "perfect pixel" versions.

Still, if the spot is in a bad place, try and see if you can't get Asus or the store to send you a replacement.

If all else fails, buy a new monitor and keep the old as a side monitor.

Solution
May 23, 2020
Thank you both @sizzling and @geofelt !

Yes, It's under warranty so I'll try and contact Asus to see how they would solve my problem. The spot is about two cm down from the top and about twelve from the right margins... not too centered but my eyes keep going there, ugh.

Sorry I wasn't too clear, it's actually a laptop so the new monitor idea won't really work for me (also the fact that this is a brand new purchase that almost made me sell my organs, ahah!)

I've read about a minimum ammout of dead/stuck pixels for warranty to be activiated, not sure my one-malfunctioning-pixel-pc would make the cut. I also really need it for work so I don't know how I'll be sending it to repait/avaluation but that's another issue of mine, we'll see. I'll give the soapy finger idea a try with great caution.

Your opinion really helped. Thanks again!