Defuct PC maker.

I have a problem with Windows XP and I need to talk to MS Technical Service
about it. The PC came with one of those Original State Windows CDs which the
OEM is supposed to support. Unfortunately I think the OEM is defunct so I
can't talk to them.

Tomorrow I shall call MS but I doubt they will attempt to help. Other than
the NGs here are there any other sources of WinXP help available?

Peter.

map

"PVR" wrote:

> I have a problem with Windows XP and I need to talk to MS Technical Service
> about it. The PC came with one of those Original State Windows CDs which the
> OEM is supposed to support. Unfortunately I think the OEM is defunct so I
> can't talk to them.
>
> Tomorrow I shall call MS but I doubt they will attempt to help. Other than
> the NGs here are there any other sources of WinXP help available?
>
> Peter.

There are many people in this newsgroup who are extremly knowledgeable,their
is a very good chance that someone here can slove your problem if you would
post it.in the mean time.To Name but a few:
Oh,by the way Microsoft does not support OEM version's of XP so you most
likely won't get much help
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_a.htm
http://www.dougknox.com/
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
http://michaelstevenstech.com/
http://www.aumha.org/win5/index.php
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/
http://www.annoyances.org/
http://www.blackviper.com/
http://www.onecomputerguy.com/
http://www.rickrogers.org/
http://www.pchell.com/
http://search.microsoft.com/search/search.aspx?st=b&View=en-us
http://www.theeldergeek.com/
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Tips_Page.htm
http://www.updatexp.com/

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 10:27:19 -0500, "PVR" <peterv666@adelphia.net>
wrote:

>I have a problem with Windows XP and I need to talk to MS Technical Service
>about it. The PC came with one of those Original State Windows CDs which the
>OEM is supposed to support. Unfortunately I think the OEM is defunct so I
>can't talk to them.
>
>Tomorrow I shall call MS but I doubt they will attempt to help. Other than
>the NGs here are there any other sources of WinXP help available?
>
>Peter.

This is the best place to ask. So ask away or try my FAQ below:

Peter Hutchison
http://www.pcguru.plus.com