pike

Splendid
Nov 10, 2001

Hi,

I would like to get rid of wallpaper I don't care for, how can I do this?

Also, would I use the same procedure for deleting images from the web that I
once used as wallpaper?

Pike

pike

Splendid
Nov 10, 2001

Sorry, after posting it I thought I would try the advanced group search and
found how to do it.

Pike

"Pike" <pike2@canada.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I would like to get rid of wallpaper I don't care for, how can I do this?
>
> Also, would I use the same procedure for deleting images from the web that
> I once used as wallpaper?
>

> Pike

kelly

Hi Pike,

What worked for you?

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

> Sorry, after posting it I thought I would try the advanced group search
> and found how to do it.
>
> Pike
>

> "Pike" <pike2@canada.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to get rid of wallpaper I don't care for, how can I do this?
>>
>> Also, would I use the same procedure for deleting images from the web
>> that I once used as wallpaper?
>>

>> Pike

pike

Splendid
Nov 10, 2001

> Hi Pike,
>
> What worked for you?
>
> --

Hello Kelly,
It might have been one of your answers if I recall correctly. I went to my
pictures and deleted their and any shared pictures, which I didn't have any,
then in windows/web/wallpaper.

The only thing about the windows/web/wallpaper was it only showed those that
came with the computer, not any that I had saved as a picture from the
Internet.

Sometimes, I grab a cool looking screen shot of a game and use that. I was
wanted to get rid of those.

I think that is what is needed in the world of software-- a good remove it
program. Its funny there was a program, Remove-It that I used with W95 and
that was the best unistall program I have ever used. Symantac bought it and,
well, I knew Cleansweep was sorry as I tried before
buying the remove it program.

With the Remove it program I was able to rid myself of help files,
wallpaper, fonts, imagines, huge, hugfe programs that came preinstalled with
my Packard Bell.

With all the geeks in the world I don't understand why they haven't develped
a good uninstall program.

Regards
Vicki
By the way. I have a Dell now. :)

> All the Best,
> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>
> Troubleshooting Windows XP
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>

> "Pike" <pike2@canada.com> wrote in message
>> Sorry, after posting it I thought I would try the advanced group search
>> and found how to do it.
>>
>> Pike
>>

>> "Pike" <pike2@canada.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I would like to get rid of wallpaper I don't care for, how can I do
>>> this?
>>>
>>> Also, would I use the same procedure for deleting images from the web
>>> that I once used as wallpaper?
>>>

>>> Pike

kelly

Thanks, for the feedback. Mine would have read something like:

The pictures that show up under Display Properties, Desktop are located in
these folders:

C:\Documents and Settings\user name\My Documents\My Pictures
C:\WINDOWS\Web\Wallpaper
C:\Windows\Resources\Themes

Another checkpoint:

Also, go to: Start/Run then type in:
"%userprofile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer"

As for the geeks of the world and a good cleaner.....that is very complex
area and arena to address. Good luck with it all, Vicki. :eek:)

--

>> Hi Pike,
>>
>> What worked for you?
>>
>> --
>

> Hello Kelly,
> It might have been one of your answers if I recall correctly. I went to my
> pictures and deleted their and any shared pictures, which I didn't have
> any, then in windows/web/wallpaper.
>
> The only thing about the windows/web/wallpaper was it only showed those
> that came with the computer, not any that I had saved as a picture from
> the Internet.
>
> Sometimes, I grab a cool looking screen shot of a game and use that. I was
> wanted to get rid of those.
>
> I think that is what is needed in the world of software-- a good remove it
> program. Its funny there was a program, Remove-It that I used with W95 and
> that was the best unistall program I have ever used. Symantac bought it
> and, well, I knew Cleansweep was sorry as I tried before
> buying the remove it program.
>
> With the Remove it program I was able to rid myself of help files,
> wallpaper, fonts, imagines, huge, hugfe programs that came preinstalled
> with my Packard Bell.
>
> With all the geeks in the world I don't understand why they haven't
> develped a good uninstall program.
>
> Regards
> Vicki
> By the way. I have a Dell now. :)
>

>> All the Best,
>> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>>
>> Troubleshooting Windows XP
>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>>

>> "Pike" <pike2@canada.com> wrote in message
>>> Sorry, after posting it I thought I would try the advanced group search
>>> and found how to do it.
>>>
>>> Pike
>>>

>>> "Pike" <pike2@canada.com> wrote in message

pike

Splendid
Nov 10, 2001

> Thanks, for the feedback. Mine would have read something like:
>
> The pictures that show up under Display Properties, Desktop are located in
> these folders:
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\user name\My Documents\My Pictures
> C:\WINDOWS\Web\Wallpaper
> C:\Windows\Resources\Themes
>
> Another checkpoint:
>
> Also, go to: Start/Run then type in:
> "%userprofile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer"
>
> As for the geeks of the world and a good cleaner.....that is very complex
> area and arena to address. Good luck with it all, Vicki. :eek:)

ER, No secret agent am I.

Pike is a RPG name I like to use for but kicking knights. :)

Thank you for your advice, I will use it to do a better job of it on my
clean re formatted hardrive, less Norton System Works and no cleaned the
registry.

Vicki, the girl, alias, Pike, the knight :)

> --
>
> All the Best,
> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>
> Troubleshooting Windows XP
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>

> "Pike" <pike2@canada.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Kelly" <kelly@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Hi Pike,
>>>
>>> What worked for you?
>>>
>>> --
>>

>> Hello Kelly,
>> It might have been one of your answers if I recall correctly. I went to
>> my pictures and deleted their and any shared pictures, which I didn't
>> have any, then in windows/web/wallpaper.
>>
>> The only thing about the windows/web/wallpaper was it only showed those
>> that came with the computer, not any that I had saved as a picture from
>> the Internet.
>>
>> Sometimes, I grab a cool looking screen shot of a game and use that. I
>> was wanted to get rid of those.
>>
>> I think that is what is needed in the world of software-- a good remove
>> it program. Its funny there was a program, Remove-It that I used with W95
>> and that was the best unistall program I have ever used. Symantac bought
>> it and, well, I knew Cleansweep was sorry as I tried before
>> buying the remove it program.
>>
>> With the Remove it program I was able to rid myself of help files,
>> wallpaper, fonts, imagines, huge, hugfe programs that came preinstalled
>> with my Packard Bell.
>>
>> With all the geeks in the world I don't understand why they haven't
>> develped a good uninstall program.
>>
>> Regards
>> Vicki
>> By the way. I have a Dell now. :)
>>

>>> All the Best,
>>> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>>>
>>> Troubleshooting Windows XP
>>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>>>

>>> "Pike" <pike2@canada.com> wrote in message

kelly

>Vicki, the girl, alias, Pike, the knight :)

Ah....all good here!

--

>> Thanks, for the feedback. Mine would have read something like:
>>
>> The pictures that show up under Display Properties, Desktop are located
>> in these folders:
>>
>> C:\Documents and Settings\user name\My Documents\My Pictures
>> C:\WINDOWS\Web\Wallpaper
>> C:\Windows\Resources\Themes
>>
>> Another checkpoint:
>>
>> Also, go to: Start/Run then type in:
>> "%userprofile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer"
>>
>> As for the geeks of the world and a good cleaner.....that is very complex
>> area and arena to address. Good luck with it all, Vicki. :eek:)
>
> ER, No secret agent am I.
>
> Pike is a RPG name I like to use for but kicking knights. :)
>
> Thank you for your advice, I will use it to do a better job of it on my
> clean re formatted hardrive, less Norton System Works and no cleaned the
> registry.
>
> Vicki, the girl, alias, Pike, the knight :)
>

>> --
>>
>> All the Best,
>> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>>
>> Troubleshooting Windows XP
>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>>

>> "Pike" <pike2@canada.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Kelly" <kelly@mvps.org> wrote in message

>>> Hello Kelly,
>>> It might have been one of your answers if I recall correctly. I went to
>>> my pictures and deleted their and any shared pictures, which I didn't
>>> have any, then in windows/web/wallpaper.
>>>
>>> The only thing about the windows/web/wallpaper was it only showed those
>>> that came with the computer, not any that I had saved as a picture from
>>> the Internet.
>>>
>>> Sometimes, I grab a cool looking screen shot of a game and use that. I
>>> was wanted to get rid of those.
>>>
>>> I think that is what is needed in the world of software-- a good remove
>>> it program. Its funny there was a program, Remove-It that I used with
>>> W95 and that was the best unistall program I have ever used. Symantac
>>> bought it and, well, I knew Cleansweep was sorry as I tried before
>>> buying the remove it program.
>>>
>>> With the Remove it program I was able to rid myself of help files,
>>> wallpaper, fonts, imagines, huge, hugfe programs that came preinstalled
>>> with my Packard Bell.
>>>
>>> With all the geeks in the world I don't understand why they haven't
>>> develped a good uninstall program.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Vicki
>>> By the way. I have a Dell now. :)

wallpaper resides either in your mydocuments/my pictures folder or in the
windows folder. just delete them.

In the windows folder you might have to set "Show Hidden Files" to Off, so
you can see the files.

"Pike" <pike2@canada.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I would like to get rid of wallpaper I don't care for, how can I do this?
>
> Also, would I use the same procedure for deleting images from the web that
> I once used as wallpaper?
>

> Pike

Nightowl

Distinguished
May 17, 2001

Andrew Murray wrote on Mon, 29 Aug 2005:

>wallpaper resides either in your mydocuments/my pictures folder or in the
>windows folder. just delete them.
>
>In the windows folder you might have to set "Show Hidden Files" to Off, so
>you can see the files.

My XP-installed wallpaper is in C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper. The files are
not hidden.

--
Nightowl