[SOLVED] Dell Precision T3500 Front Fans never speed up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilievxman99

Reputable
Apr 28, 2016
I used to tinker with them using Speedfan back in the day but stopped as the program bugged out on me once but they never speed up now. I’m gonna reinstall a fresh Windows soon hopefully that sorts it out. Anybody’s T3500 fans not changing speed?

Solution
That’s fairly normal I’ve had about 6 or 7 of those machines and they really only speed up when the cpu is very much over heating but even then they barely speed up

ilievxman99

Reputable
Apr 28, 2016
HWInfo 64 has a fan speed utility that works on Dells. Dell tends to use high powered industrial fans that can move enough air at idle that they may not need to speed up very often.
If I remember correctly the stock fan speed was 700rpm or around but since I’ve messed with them in 2017 it’s always been the same speed. I was just wondering if anyone else’s are PWN controlled because I can’t remember if mine were before I used Speedfan. I’m going to move a 80mm fan that was attached at the back since 2017 to the back of the CPU cooler to improve my temperatures further as I’m idling at mid to high 40s. Also going to replace my Quadro 4000 which idles at 50C too with a much cooler GTX 1050.

86zx

Upstanding
Nov 1, 2019
That’s fairly normal I’ve had about 6 or 7 of those machines and they really only speed up when the cpu is very much over heating but even then they barely speed up

Solution
The extra fan on the CPU cooler does help coool those machines. Part of the reason they don't speed up is the fan profile doesn't kick in until the CPU is fairly hot. Both front fans are PWM controlled.
Nidec M35105-58 is a thermal control 90x38mm CPU exhaust fan (no PWM) that's known to cool a T3500 for a user in India with no AC.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-2-D...598696?hash=item364b99b5a8:g:ycQAAOSw8Jlbt527

Status
Not open for further replies.