Diablo 3 Officially Arrives in May, Says Blizzard

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

A year ago I was super hyped to buy D3, and getting the Collector's Edition! But after finding out about the credit card auction house, the removal of PVP, not just Arena but the random world PvP that made D2 so great; and then getting into the beta and finding isometric spam click isn't what it used to be; I am not buying it at all now.

I played D2 for hundreds if not thousands of hours, but D3 looks to be less then D2 was and D2 compared to todays RPGs like Skyrim really wasn't much in comparison. All D3 looks to me is a bunch of spam clicking mobs to get loot that is only good for spam clicking more mobs to get more loot, all of which you could just buy off the AH with your credit card for a few bucks.

Whats the point of having the best gear if you can't use it to kick the ass of other players? Or if you could just buy it on the AH?

G

stm1185, they didn't disable pvp, it just doesn't come with the game on release.
Also, the spamfest only seems like it because the beta is very easy to beat. Once you up the difficulty on the released game, it should be a lot more challenging and fun.

[citation][nom]stm1185[/nom]A year ago I was super hyped to buy D3, and getting the Collector's Edition! But after finding out about the credit card auction house, the removal of PVP, not just Arena but the random world PvP that made D2 so great; and then getting into the beta and finding isometric spam click isn't what it used to be; I am not buying it at all now.I played D2 for hundreds if not thousands of hours, but D3 looks to be less then D2 was and D2 compared to todays RPGs like Skyrim really wasn't much in comparison. All D3 looks to me is a bunch of spam clicking mobs to get loot that is only good for spam clicking more mobs to get more loot, all of which you could just buy off the AH with your credit card for a few bucks. Whats the point of having the best gear if you can't use it to kick the ass of other players? Or if you could just buy it on the AH?[/citation]

How was D2 not spam clicking?

maxinexus

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2007
I'm already preparing my wife to be a widow for few weeks lol Finally, we have date settled! April was a little too soon.
stm1185 who cares don't buy if you don't like - me like me wanna play till early morning me go to work a zombie me sleep in bus and miss the stop me walk home me play again till my eyes bleed and me play till my wife takes and hides a keaboard or power cord...dammm she so good at hiding things :D

evga_fan

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2010
Collector's edition already booked months ago!

As for the pvp: it has not been perfected yet and will therefore not be available in time for the release of the game (may 15th). Little disappointing considering the long overdue, endless delays and criptic BS messages from the producer (as if we haven't heard it all already).
Anyways, the patch is said to adress that.

I trust there will be lots of things to do and lots to explore. So you don't have to be worried about not getting your hands full. Trust me there will be plentyful!

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]bystander[/nom]How was D2 not spam clicking?[/citation]
what he means is that it was still new back than...

i really think that games like this should require a controller, if any of you ever played the everquest games like this on the ps2, you know what im talking about. clicking in these games just isnt as fun as it use to be... that said i still love this style of game and will be picking it up around my birthday or christmass... really depends on how good the game is... but im more focused on guild wars 2 right now.

beetlejuicegr

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2011
I played the beta D3 for a bit, i have to admit it was not as innovative as i expected, compared to D2 (compared to D1..). The Lineage eternal seems way more innovative for an isometric action-rpg...

Other than that...don't forget the atmosphere ! the moment you pump up your speakers or your headphones, you get lost inside D3 and you forget the real world :)

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
[citation][nom]stm1185[/nom]A year ago I was super hyped to buy D3, and getting the Collector's Edition! But after finding out about the credit card auction house, the removal of PVP, not just Arena but the random world PvP that made D2 so great; and then getting into the beta and finding isometric spam click isn't what it used to be; I am not buying it at all now.I played D2 for hundreds if not thousands of hours, but D3 looks to be less then D2 was and D2 compared to todays RPGs like Skyrim really wasn't much in comparison. All D3 looks to me is a bunch of spam clicking mobs to get loot that is only good for spam clicking more mobs to get more loot, all of which you could just buy off the AH with your credit card for a few bucks. Whats the point of having the best gear if you can't use it to kick the ass of other players? Or if you could just buy it on the AH?[/citation]
You should really learn how to read. D3 won't have PvP at launch due to difficulties getting it right. PvP will be added after release. The "real money" auction house is completely optional. There's also a gold based auction house.

On Friday Blizzard's Jay Wilson said that PvP will not be a part of Diablo 3 when the game goes retail (in 2Q12). He said that PvP Arena and its systems aren't living up to their standards in its present form, thus it will be released in a patch following the game's debut.
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Diablo-3-Jay-Wilson-PvP-Arena-Action-RPG-PC-Gaming,14980.html

I'm not sure which it is at this point, but those using the "real money" auction house as a reason to not buy Diablo3 are either ignorant, or just flat out stupid.... Seems only those that really suck at this type game would be using the "real money" auction house as reason for avoiding the game.

aidynphoenix

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2009
[citation][nom]maestintaolius[/nom]You know, normally I would poo-poo buying a game at release and just wait for the inevitable steam sale and pick it up for[/citation]

This Title Will Not Ever be available on Steam.

Zeppelingcdm

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2011
Diablo vets you should stop bashing the Action House. I see the Action House as a way to pay for my monthly subscription. Do some Baal run equivalent, score some good gear, put it in the Action House, and let some noob with their daddy's credit card pay for me to play :D. See, it's all about perspective.

[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]what he means is that it was still new back than...i really think that games like this should require a controller, if any of you ever played the everquest games like this on the ps2, you know what im talking about. clicking in these games just isnt as fun as it use to be... that said i still love this style of game and will be picking it up around my birthday or christmass... really depends on how good the game is... but im more focused on guild wars 2 right now.[/citation]

You can buy a controller for your PC. Even if the game you are using doesn't interface directly with the controller, you can program the controller to do keyboard and mouse clicks. That said, I don't see how playing the same game with a controller, or on a console, would change how fun the game is.

Hopefully they get the same spirit out of the game as in the past. A lot of times these types of games miss the point. They are designed to be straight forward and linear and have good advancements through gear and character leveling system. This allows you to continue to level and compare your character every play through with the previous, and with good leveling and synergies, you can have fun trying different character setups.

Titan Quest was a game that was a little boring the first time through, but they got the leveling, synergies and good gear advancement down pat, which made it very addicting. That was the last good Diablo style game I've played. Sacred 2 tried to make it an open world and made advancement way to boring and killed it for me.

aidynphoenix

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2009
[citation][nom]Zeppelingcdm[/nom]Diablo vets you should stop bashing the Action House. I see the Action House as a way to pay for my monthly subscription. Do some Baal run equivalent, score some good gear, put it in the Action House, and let some noob with their daddy's credit card pay for me to play . See, it's all about perspective.[/citation]

first off, there is no monthly subscription to play this game online. secondly the AH is going to be flooded with items from people just like you, who want to get something back for the time they put into the game. the problems is that there is going to be so much competition that you wont be able to get as much as you would like for your items.. i suggest you just enjoy the game, and not try and turn it into some kind of financial investment.

mschlenker

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
The collectors addition would be cool if D2/+ was given the HD upgrade, but as is I don’t think it’s worth the price. I’m sorry T2 couldn’t get out the door sooner; they could have stolen a lot of D3’s thunder if they had as it is they’ve got a tough road ahead.

G

The Real Money Auction House is kind of a good idea. The problem with Diablo 2 was that there were people selling items for real money anyway and even without a Real Money Auction House, people are going to do that. Heck, you can just look online and see the number of sites that sell gold for MMOs. Blizzard made quite a smart move here by providing a legal and secure means of buying items for real money, while at the same time increasing their profits by taking a cut of anything sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.