Question Disappointed with performance out of my newly built pc...

Jul 10, 2019
So around 3 months ago I saved up enough money to go on a shopping spree at my nearest micro center, and although I had some troubles getting it to boot and what not, eventually I got it booted up. But what I noticed as soon as I got it up and running was the fact that I had forgot to delete my previous graphics card drivers from my gtx 970, so I quickly realized that I should delete it so I did in safe mode with DDU and reinstalled it. And now a few months later I am starting think either i did something wrong in building my pc or maybe the parts arent as compatible as I thought. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

My build:
ASUS ROG Strix Geforce RTX 2060 oc (Runs cool, and quiet) and I have also installed the most recent drivers. And also something worth mentioning I guess is that my GPU is vertically mounted in my open air case with a tempered glass panel, but I've tested performance with it on, and off and there is little to no change whatsoever.
i5 7600k (@ 5.0 ghz, temps are mostly at what I believe to be stable at 60 degrees celcius)
I also have the Thermaltake floe riing 360 for cooling mainly for the cpu since the case is open air
16 gb ddr4 ram
Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB (Which is where i store all my games), along with a cheaper SSD for my boot drive.
650 PSU
And my mobo is the ASUS ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
Latest Windows 10 update

Hi,
What is the make and model of the PSU?
Do you have 1 or 2 or 4 sticks of RAM, and if you have multiple, are they same size, speed, make and model? If you have 2, are they place in the RAM slots in the arrangement empty,RAM,empty,RAM?
What are you trying to do that you think should be performing better?

Jul 10, 2019
Hi,
What is the make and model of the PSU?
Do you have 1 or 2 or 4 sticks of RAM, and if you have multiple, are they same size, speed, make and model? If you have 2, are they place in the RAM slots in the arrangement empty,RAM,empty,RAM?
What are you trying to do that you think should be performing better?
I have a corsair CX 650M, and I have two sticks of 8 gb ddr4 @ 2400 MHz in that exact order you stated. And mainly what im expecting is less stuttering (even after attempting to optimize the game via geforce experience) which i experience frequently in games like Mordhau, Rainbow Six Siege, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, just to name a few, the list goes on its basically my entire steam library, it just doesnt feel very smooth, and i also get screen tearing in most games as well, although it isnt very frequent and its small, it is very noticeable but im thinking that might just be the monitors?

cc83

Reputable
Jun 4, 2016
Do a full clean Windows 10 reinstall and use latest drivers. Installing a new GPU into old system (even after removing drivers with DDU) often cause problems. I literally experienced that last week, after fresh W10 install it all disappeared. Just backup your stuff and wipe entire partition and install W10 v1906

That way you will know if your hardware is faulty, but I hope it helps and your parts are ok

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2019
Do a full clean Windows 10 reinstall and use latest drivers. Installing a new GPU into old system (even after removing drivers with DDU) often cause problems. I literally experienced that last week, after fresh W10 install it all disappeared. Just backup your stuff and wipe entire partition and install W10 v1906

That way you will know if your hardware is faulty, but I hope it helps and your parts are ok
If i do a full windows 10 reinstall will i have to get another key to activate it, and what is the best way to backup my "stuff"