[SOLVED] Disks acting sus

Sep 7, 2022
Hi!

I have a problem with two of my disks, one SSD and one HDD. They work as usual, I can copy, move or install things on them. The problem starts when I want to play games, they will take a LOT to start, textures and animations won't load, and sometimes it suddenly crashes the entire S.O, forcing me to restart with the physical button.

This happened after I sent the PC in warranty, because the graphics card had a very loud coil whine. They said that the card was replaced with a new one, I don't really believe them because coil whine is still there, but that's not important.

All disks were wiped yesterday, I even reinstalled Windows and, of course, the games.

This problem only happens with some games, tested with Fortnite, Warzone, BO Cold War and Assassin's Creed 4 (last one doesn't even start, it keeps loading forever). Light games, as Rocket League, Cuphead and some old 2009 games work with no problems.

There's an important detail: I tried to install Fortnite on my main disk (M.2 SSD) and it works with no problems. That's why I think the problem is with my disks, and not with the card.

My specs:

• Intel Core i7 9700F
  • GTX 1660 Super 6GB OC
  • 16 GB RAM DDR4
  • Gigabye B365M DS3H
  • Windows 10
Of course I have all drivers up to date. I also tried with chkdsk, no problems detected. Sorry for my bad english :)

Collection of evidence: View: https://imgur.com/a/duCrEZi

Hi!

I have a problem with two of my disks, one SSD and one HDD. They work as usual, I can copy, move or install things on them. The problem starts when I want to play games, they will take a LOT to start, textures and animations won't load, and sometimes it suddenly crashes the entire S.O, forcing me to restart with the physical button.

This happened after I sent the PC in warranty, because the graphics card had a very loud coil whine. They said that the card was replaced with a new one, I don't really believe them because coil whine is still there, but that's not important.

All disks were wiped yesterday, I even reinstalled Windows and, of course, the games.

This problem only happens with some games, tested with Fortnite, Warzone, BO Cold War and Assassin's Creed 4 (last one doesn't even start, it keeps loading forever). Light games, as Rocket League, Cuphead and some old 2009 games work with no problems.

There's an important detail: I tried to install Fortnite on my main disk (M.2 SSD) and it works with no problems. That's why I think the problem is with my disks, and not with the card.

My specs:

• Intel Core i7 9700F
  • GTX 1660 Super 6GB OC
  • 16 GB RAM DDR4
  • Gigabye B365M DS3H
  • Windows 10
Of course I have all drivers up to date. I also tried with chkdsk, no problems detected. Sorry for my bad english :)

Collection of evidence: View: https://imgur.com/a/duCrEZi
Games in question installed and run from HDD ?

Check health of your storage devices. Use HDtune health.

I'd actually suspect issue with GPU (not storage devices). Check GPU temperatures use MSI Afterburtner.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2022
Check health of your storage devices. Use HDtune health.

I's actually suspect issue with GPU (not storage devices). Check GPU temperatures use MSI Afterburtner.
I thought it was a GPU issue too, but I tried installing Fortnite on main disk (M2 SSD) and it worked as usual.

Tests:
Edit: that error may seem suspicious, but the SSD acts the same way and it doesn't show any errors.
View: https://imgur.com/a/r7Z9kGD