Both of my displays seem to be losing signal for whatever reason for a few seconds and then come back on like nothing happened. It's been driving me crazy and this has been happening since January While I though this was a Nvidia problem with drivers or with my new GPU which is a 3070, it isn't I believe. Here's a list of things I think aren't the problem. It's also artifacting now as well.
- I don't think it's the monitors as both of them were working prior to the new GPU and I've RMA'ed one having received a new monitor in return with it doing the same issue. Monitor 1 is a Viewsonic vx3268-2kpc-mhd and the other one is a MSI Optix G27C2. Problem is happening on both of them.
- I've swapped out DP cables so I don't think it's that.
- My OS has been completely reinstalled and updated to the latest in Windows 10. Also has been installed on a recently purchased M.2.
- I've flashed my BIOS to the latest update and everything is set to default settings in it.
- I don't believe it to be my GPU as I've swapped out my 3070 with my old 970 and it was still having the issue. Drivers have also been reinstalled in collaboration with DDU in safe mode numerous times.
- I also don't believe it to be a freesync/g-sync compatible issue. I've had this turned on forever and it's never caused me any issues. I'm open to suggestions though. One monitor is running at 1440p 120hz and the other is at 1080p 120hz. Both have the g-sync compatibility on.