dlink 624 and cisco VPN -can not get to work

I know there must be some one that has a DLINK 624 rev c wireless
router, and needs to connect to work thru there Cisco VPN client
software (4.0.5)

I am not trying to do this wireless, I am first just trying to connect
thru a LAN line.

I have been and still can connect if I remove the router out of the
picture and just connect thru my PPPoE client, then I can VPN. But,
this defeats the purpose of having a network at home.

DLINK 624 rec c
Firmware 2.50 ( Ihave also tried the previous version, no luck)
Windows XP, (firewall disabled)

I have set up the router, like there specs say to conform to the cisco
client.
Enbable PPTP and IPsec for my machine. As well as the virtual server.

I launched VPN and log in. Everything tells me I am connected, but when
I try to launch an app. If freezes and the Dlink router reboots.

I have tried changing the MTU size to 1452 instead of 1492, I have also
tried to change the MTU on the VPN client to 1300, and still no luck!

Am I missing something?!
Appreciate your help, I have been working on this for a couple of days
now, and I am going to give up.

QUESTION: What would be a FAIL SAFE wireless router for the Cisco VPN
client?

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

> I know there must be some one that has a DLINK 624 rev c wireless
> router, and needs to connect to work thru there Cisco VPN client
> software (4.0.5)

I have the D-Link DI-604 and I had the exact same problem. It drove me
crazy!

Until I tried it on another computer on the same router - which was working
fine! So I ended up reinstalling Windows XP and now all works fine. I
think the problem was a windowsupdate of the network card, since then it
failed to work. I even bought a new router to solve this problem, but it
stayed, so I got even more crazy :)

I know it sounds weird, since PPPoE is working, but it happened to me...

But before doing a reinstall... try to use it on another computer at your
router...

good luck

here are my settings:
disable SPI (my VPN is not working when enabled!)
UPnP is on here
VPN pass through on (both for PPTP and IPSec)
XBOX diabled
DoS protection disabled