victorastroem9

Honorable
Oct 10, 2017
Hi after the corona epidemic and during i wanted to upgrade a lot but i didnt upgrade my system due to the price increases i decided not to like most people would. Now i have run in to a problematic situation instead my Motherboard turned out to be broken earlier in 2021 and i decided to buy a new motherboard+ CPU and some M2 SSDS.

Here are my specs: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/7hPV3C

and now i want to again im working on Archicad a lot and had quite a lot of problems lately on my CPU at 100% load at times while in heavy 3D modelling. I want to know what this problems come from!
if its cause of my 16 gb of ram or maybe that my GPU is bottling my CPU or vice versa. Pls give me suggestions on what i can do! i want to have a faster computer also for the games i play i have considered a RTX GPU maybe is the next step and 32 gb of ram!. What is most worth in my situation

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
If that h100 is working, shouldn't really have much in the way of temperature problems. Motherboard looks to have decent VRMs, so I doubt it is power throttling.

Have you seen your memory usage go up to 16GB? More ram only helps if you need more ram. If you don't, it will have zero impact. They are a bit vague on the requirements, which category do you fit in?

https://graphisoft.com/resources-and-support/system-requirements

They list Ryzen 5 and Intel i5 as being the lower tier, with Ryzen that would mean a six core processor, which you have. If that is getting saturated completely, then bumping up to an i9-10850K/i9-10900/i9-10900K might be worthwhile. i7-11700 is also an option that would be roughly as fast (i9-11900 is a bit of a waste), or you could swap motherboards again and go for a 12700.

1070 is a decent GPU (OpenGL 4.6) with 8GB of VRAM, should be okay for most previewing of 3D environments, not necessarily the fastest at actually doing a final render but more than adequate by their requirements.

Reactions: victorastroem9

victorastroem9

Honorable
Oct 10, 2017
If that h100 is working, shouldn't really have much in the way of temperature problems. Motherboard looks to have decent VRMs, so I doubt it is power throttling.

Have you seen your memory usage go up to 16GB? More ram only helps if you need more ram. If you don't, it will have zero impact. They are a bit vague on the requirements, which category do you fit in?

https://graphisoft.com/resources-and-support/system-requirements

They list Ryzen 5 and Intel i5 as being the lower tier, with Ryzen that would mean a six core processor, which you have. If that is getting saturated completely, then bumping up to an i9-10850K/i9-10900/i9-10900K might be worthwhile. i7-11700 is also an option that would be roughly as fast (i9-11900 is a bit of a waste), or you could swap motherboards again and go for a 12700.

1070 is a decent GPU (OpenGL 4.6) with 8GB of VRAM, should be okay for most previewing of 3D environments, not necessarily the fastest at actually doing a final render but more than adequate by their requirements.
[/QUOTE
I dont believe so i have a 6 fans push and pull and steady 37 degrees celsius on the processor
okay so if i want more options of doing the heavy 3d work i need better processing power it seems, if i5 is the lowest required i have also seen that in Archicad a lot of lines in the program cauese heavy loads to the processor and you can fine manage that so maybe ill see if i stay with my i5 for now Ty

victorastroem9

Honorable
Oct 10, 2017
I bought the new one a few months ago, i now have got a 3060 rtx for a hell a good price like 120 Dollars from a friend that has stopped gaming, and new ram so ill start there otherwise ill buy a new cpu and sell the old one if any1 wants to buy it then!