CompNeuroDev

Prominent
Jul 28, 2020
I would like a docking station that supplies charging to my Asus Flow x13 laptop. The laptop has a 100W charging requirement and an Asus representative said only docking stations that supply 100W for charging are acceptable. My confusion is that some docking stations list "100W power delivery" but "charging limited to 87-96W" (example). Others simply list "100W power charging" (example). I find it odd that a product could list 100W power delivery but not supply 100W charging. As long as a product does not list a "charging limitation" there is no hidden specification making it unable to supply 100W charging, correct? Could anyone please list some docking stations they are confident will be compatible with the laptop? Thanks!

Last edited:

CompNeuroDev

Prominent
Jul 28, 2020
Yeah most docks can 100w but not to pcs so it's weird.
Thanks for the response. Please tell me, what do you mean "not to PCs"? Do you mean they won't output 100W for laptop charging, but instead split up their "100W power delivery" among usb devices, etc., and leaving less for laptop charging?

Dell 9GMPM Thunderbolt Dock WD19TB Docking Station 180W Power Adapter (130W Power Delivery) 210-ARIK
I appreciate the suggestion but that docking station includes "90 Watt power delivery to non-Dell systems". Since I have an Asus laptop that needs 100W then unfortunately I think this dock would not work for me.

Thanks for the response. Please tell me, what do you mean "not to PCs"? Do you mean they won't output 100W for laptop charging, but instead split up their "100W power delivery" among usb devices, etc., and leaving less for laptop charging?

I appreciate the suggestion but that docking station includes "90 Watt power delivery to non-Dell systems". Since I have an Asus laptop that needs 100W then unfortunately I think this dock would not work for me.
I see. I didn't find anything else that I would trust will that power load.