[SOLVED] Does any GPU chip manufactured by different brands compatible to different PSU Wattage?

Schereizer

Commendable
Feb 11, 2021
Clarifying my question, I'm planning to buy a GPU (ASRock RX 5600 XT Phantom Gaming D3) and saw their recommended PSU which is 650W according to their website, however I currently have Corsair CV550 (550W).

But upon checking at AMD and GAME-DEBATE website, they stated that 550W is enough for rx 5600 xt. I also checked on PCPARTPICKER and found no issues regarding on PSU compatibility, actually their estimated wattage is 329W.

So now a question popped out on my head. Can may 550W really run that graphics card, and if it can, does it have any drawbacks? Thanks for giving time for my silly question, it is just that I'm really confused right now.

Solution
ASRock RX 5600 XT Phantom Gaming D3 - is significantly overclocked card. Boost clock up to 1750Mhz.
AMD reference boost clock for RX 5600XT is 1560Mhz.

So yes - Asrock model will require more power.
So now a question popped out on my head. Can may 550W really run that graphics card, and if it can, does it have any drawbacks? Thanks for giving time for my silly question, it is just that I'm really confused right now.

It can, but with less "room to breath".

A 550W PSU will have heavier load compared to a 650W PSU, it could result in more heat and voltage fluctuation.

Clarifying my question, I'm planning to buy a GPU (ASRock RX 5600 XT Phantom Gaming D3) and saw their recommended PSU which is 650W according to their website, however I currently have Corsair CV550 (550W).

But upon checking at AMD and GAME-DEBATE website, they stated that 550W is enough for rx 5600 xt. I also checked on PCPARTPICKER and found no issues regarding on PSU compatibility, actually their estimated wattage is 329W.

Exactly what @SkyNetRising said. Also if I may add, your PSU is one of the lowest tier from Corsair. I would not use it with a gaming rig, especially with one that the GPU manufacturer recommends a higher wattage. You will be pushing your luck and risk your hard earned money.

Schereizer

Commendable
Feb 11, 2021
Exactly what @SkyNetRising said. Also if I may add, your PSU is one of the lowest tier from Corsair. I would not use it with a gaming rig, especially with one that the GPU manufacturer recommends a higher wattage. You will be pushing your luck and risk your hard earned money.

I know this will be outside of my topic but, does using only 80+ bronze PSU will have bad effect on my hardwares/performance? Because right now I'm worrying about my budget

I know this will be outside of my topic but, does using only 80+ bronze PSU will have bad effect on my hardwares/performance? Because right now I'm worrying about my budget

For safety you mostly care about quality of components within the PSU. The 80+ bronze refers to efficiency which USUALLY , the higher the efficiency, the better the components. But I highlighted "usually" for a reason. There are PSUs that are rated as gold and are crap. Same goes for even higher efficiencies.

There is a PSU tier list that you can consult and see if your choice is good enough. For a gaming rig I would advise to pick tier B or higher. I wouldn't pick tier C in 99,9% of the time unless it's a VERY low powered GPU and you are in a very very very tight budget.

Schereizer

Commendable
Feb 11, 2021
For safety you mostly care about quality of components within the PSU. The 80+ bronze refers to efficiency which USUALLY , the higher the efficiency, the better the components. But I highlighted "usually" for a reason. There are PSUs that are rated as gold and are crap. Same goes for even higher efficiencies.

There is a PSU tier list that you can consult and see if your choice is good enough. For a gaming rig I would advise to pick tier B or higher. I wouldn't pick tier C in 99,9% of the time unless it's a VERY low powered GPU and you are in a very very very tight budget.

Thanks, looks like my power supply(Corsair CV550) is in Tier D worse than C lol.... I thought as long as I have connectors and enough watts needed for overall system everything is okay...