Question Does modern GPU like RX 570 has the capability to preserve its driver file into its memory?

Nov 9, 2019
so i just bought a used GPU, asap i installed it to my PC, then i pushed the power button, at a second the monitor showed "No signal detected" , but then after few seconds the monitor eventually got the signal. i just wonder whats happening during the "no signal detected " , is it the system try to install the driver for my gpu? so i logged in to my computer which is running windows 10, and mysteriously the driver for the RX 570 is already installed. I opened up Devices manager it says my gpu is working fine. i never installed the driver for the rx 570 before, but how its already installed. i then restarted the system and its working fine, theres no more "no signal detected" and its been a week, so far so good. can somebody explain this to me? i am quite noob about computer.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2019
Which exact driver did it install ? W10 has built in universal drivers for many popular series of GPUs but they are mostly way behind manufacturer's supplied versions.
My guess is 17.10.0 driver.
Driver Packaging version is
Driver Packaging Version
19.30.31.05-191023a1-347941E-RadeonSoftwareAdrenalin2019