[SOLVED] Does RAM speed affect iGPU performance ?

Vaibhav_Rai@

Prominent
Feb 27, 2021
As we know iGPU uses shared memory as their vram and that shared memory is taken from system's total RAM. So if I increase the frequency of my ram, will it boost my iGPU's performance? Btw what's the clock speed of GTX 1650's vram?

Solution
As we know iGPU uses shared memory as their vram and that shared memory is taken from system's total RAM. So if I increase the frequency of my ram, will it boost my iGPU's performance? Btw what's the clock speed of GTX 1650's vram?
The answer is yes,

The igpu uses your system ram, and will benefit from faster (system)ram
The answer is yes,

The igpu uses your system ram, and will benefit from faster (system)ram

Solution
Oh😅, btw can you tell me more about what's different between them
The 1650 uses either GDDR5 or GDDR6 which is higher bandwidth than system DDR4

1650 spec

Random DDR4 examples
R5886b33a8acd46928842b192921efe3f

Reactions: Vaibhav_Rai@

Vaibhav_Rai@

Prominent
Feb 27, 2021
The 1650 uses either GDDR5 or GDDR6 which is higher bandwidth than system DDR4

1650 spec

Random DDR4 examples
R5886b33a8acd46928842b192921efe3f
please also answer the question, weather the speed of ram(which is being used as shared memory by the igpu) will affect the performance of my igpu?

please also answer the question, weather the speed of ram(which is being used as shared memory by the igpu) will affect the performance of my igpu?
Your question has been answered by @Quanticriver , and the answer if it was not clear is YES . The iGPU will always use the RAM on a system so the faster the RAM the better the performance in memory intensive tasks.

Reactions: Quanticriver