[DoomRL] Finally... YADC

After having many games end on level 15 or so, I finally found
the Phobos Arena and BFG'd the Cyberdemon.

Used combat shotgun until I found chaingun, chaingun until I
found plasma rifle, and rocket launcher for hell knights and
barons.

This is only the second game in which I've had a rocket
launcher by the time I reach The Wall. The experience gain
there is awesome.

I had a close call when I walked into a building and found a
baron of hell right next to me. Luckily, I found about seven
phase devices this game, and using one saved me.

Having never been to the last level, I didn't really know what
to expect. I had an extra full red armor, about three large
med-packs, and three phase devices. I mainly just BFG'd the
Cyberdemon from as far away as possible. It hit me twice,
eventually all but destroying my initial red armor. It's a
good thing it died when it did, as I was running pretty low
on energy cells.

I still haven't seen the City of Skulls. I guess I'll have to
keep looking...

DoomRL (v.0.9.7 (DOS)) roguelike post-mortem character dump

Rain, level 6 soldier, defeated the Cyberdeamon
on level 20 of the Phobos base.
He survived 95616 turns and scored 26578 points.
He found the Phobos Arena.
He stormed the Chained Court.
He ventured into the Halls of Carnage.
He fought on Hell's Arena.
He faced The Wall.

-- Statistics ------------------------------------------------

Health 49/50 Experience 20166/6
ToHit +3 ToDmg Ranged +0 ToDmg Melee +0

-- Traits ----------------------------------------------------

Finesse (Level 2)
Hellrunner (Level 3)
Eagle Eye (Level 1)

-- Equipment -------------------------------------------------

[a] [ Armor ] red armor [4/4] (99%)
[ Weapon ] BFG 9000 (8d8) [34/100]
[c] [ Boots ] plasteel boots [8/8] (84%)

-- Inventory -------------------------------------------------

[a] red armor [1/4] (18%)
fastload rocket launcher (4d4) [0/1]
[c] chaingun (1d6)x5 [40/50]
[d] plasma rifle (1d8)x8 [24/40]
[e] 10mm ammo (x100)
[f] 10mm ammo (x100)
[g] phase device
[h] phase device
large med-pack

-- Kills -----------------------------------------------------

45 former humans
31 former human sergeants
10 former human captains
22 imps
35 demons
27 lost souls
9 cacodemons
14 barons of hell
1 Cyberdemon
16 hell knights
6 arachnotrons
11 former human commanders

-- General ---------------------------------------------------

Before him 20 brave souls have ventured into Phobos:
20 of those were killed.

Jason Allen wrote:
> After having many games end on level 15 or so, I finally found
> the Phobos Arena and BFG'd the Cyberdemon.

Gratz :-D

> This is only the second game in which I've had a rocket
> launcher by the time I reach The Wall. The experience gain
> there is awesome.

Jeesh I never looke at it this way ;-).

> I had a close call when I walked into a building and found a
> baron of hell right next to me. Luckily, I found about seven
> phase devices this game, and using one saved me.

It's one of those un-doomish things that I think adds much to gameplay...

> Before him 20 brave souls have ventured into Phobos:
> 20 of those were killed.

Whoa, you're a determined player -- it's the largest amount of games I've
seen yet ;-).
--
At your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz (charonATmagma-net.pl)