ledu00

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2014
Hi everyone, since I installed Windows 11 I seem to have an issue with downloading anything over browsers. Every download gets stopped, and I get message "Download failed - network error" so I have to resume it 5/10/50/10000 times (depending on the file size) until it's finally downloaded. I tried different browsers, disabling firewall, Windows defended, I updated all the drivers I have to the latest version, checked my internet connection etc. Only thing I didn't do is disable HTTP/Port checking, as I can't find that option in Windows defender. Is there any solution to this problem? If it makes any difference, I'm connected over wifi using Asus USB-N14 antenna.

Note: I had this issue a while ago on Win10 and I have no idea how I solved it or if I did solve it, or it solved by itself :)

Thank you in advance!

Solution
Asus USB-N14 uses Ralink RT5372 chipset that was released in 2014
I don't think the driver is updated anymore. You might consider updating your BIOS to get updated USB 2.x fixes to the BIOS so that the USB 2.x drivers work correctly. You might also want to go into device manager and tell the system not to turn off the USB ports to save power. older devices can have bugs in the sleep/wake up code.

you could also try a different network devices to connect and see if you still get corruption. The usb interface standards are updated every few years, old devices may not work with the new standards. Also, the BIOS sets up the electronics for the USB driver ports and the windows will update the USB driver but can not update...
Asus USB-N14 uses Ralink RT5372 chipset that was released in 2014
I don't think the driver is updated anymore. You might consider updating your BIOS to get updated USB 2.x fixes to the BIOS so that the USB 2.x drivers work correctly. You might also want to go into device manager and tell the system not to turn off the USB ports to save power. older devices can have bugs in the sleep/wake up code.

you could also try a different network devices to connect and see if you still get corruption. The usb interface standards are updated every few years, old devices may not work with the new standards. Also, the BIOS sets up the electronics for the USB driver ports and the windows will update the USB driver but can not update the BIOS for you. (only the motherboard vendor knows what version of chips you have on your motherboard and what bugs are in the chips/firmware)

Solution