Question Drive visible in BIOS but not in windows setup.

Sep 15, 2024
I recently had to replace my motherboard and CPU for new ones(MAG B550 TOMAHAWK MAX WIFI, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X). I replaced the components without issue but when it came time to install windows, my m.2 drive (Samsung 970 EVO) is not available in the setup.
My drive is visible in bios. I was able to install windows using the same drive on a different system no issues, but the drive will not show up as a bootable in the original system.

I have no idea if this is a MB, Windows, or m.2 NVME issue.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Recreate your bootable installer for Windows 10 and then see if you can install the OS on said drive. Speaking of drive, what BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? Which slot is the 970 Evo populating on the board, seeing you have 2 slots are you disposal? It should ideally be in the slot labelled M2_1.

Sep 15, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Recreate your bootable installer for Windows 10 and then see if you can install the OS on said drive. Speaking of drive, what BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? Which slot is the 970 Evo populating on the board, seeing you have 2 slots are you disposal? It should ideally be in the slot labelled M2_1.
Recreating the bootable installer resulted in no change.
My Bios version is E7C91AMS.280
The NVME is in the m2_1 slot