[SOLVED] Dual monitors go black and click

Jul 15, 2019
Hey so I have 2 issues with my monitor set up right now.

I have an MSI Optix G24C 24'' monitor as my primary monitor and an Acer G277HL Abid 27.0" monitor as my second monitor.

Recently (like starting maybe like 2 hours ago) my monitors have started sporadically flashing black. Like I'll move my mouse from monitor to monitor and both go black for 2 seconds, and then they're back to normal. I just restarted my computer and now my MSI monitor is making clicking noises. It almost sounds like a capacitor charging and discharging, so I turned it off and unplugged it. Now whenever I move my mouse on my Acer monitor, the screen does the flashing black thing.

The MSI monitor is 144 hz and uses a display port cable to connect to my GTX 1060. The Acer monitor is 60 hz and uses an HDMI cable to connect to the same GTX 1060. I don't know if any of that matters, but does anyone know what is happening here? I recently updated to the most recent version of Windows 10 and did not update my graphics card's drivers, I was about to and as geForce Experience was loading everything turned black and it looked like my gpu was dying so I turned it off.

Anybody have any idea what's wrong/how to fix it/how to proceed? All answers are appreciated. Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS