DWL-122 USB WI-FI Dongle Not Recognized on Boot

I have a D-Link DWL-122 USB Wi-Fi Dongle connected to my desktop system
Windows XP SP2 system.

When I reboot the machine, the Dongle is not recognized. If I disconnect
the dongle, and plug it back into the USB port, it works fine.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this, so that the dongle is recognized
every time I boot.

Note: I am using the D-Link supplied drivers. Would I be better off using
the native drivers built into XP? How can I permanently get rid of the
D-Link drivers so that XP will use it's own drivers when I plug in the
dongle?

Thanks,
--
Mike Schumann

You can try uninstalling all the drivers associated with
your dongle and then re-installing them without using the
express installer on the CD that came with the dongle. To
install in this manner you will need to browse to the
driver file on the CD from the windows hardware installer
after inserting the dongle (but be sure to uninstall the
device and any associated software from your PC first).

I tried doing this, but somehow the D-Link drivers are still on my machine,
and automatically get reselected whenever I plug in the USB dongle. I
haven't figured out a way to completely get rid of the D-Link drivers on my
machine.

Mike Schumann