EMERGENCY!!!! HIGH TEMP!!!

G

HELP!!! I came from vocation and my comuter starts dieing!! I was messing with my CPU - 800Mhz(raising voltage etc.) tbird and now when I set it back to Jumper free 800Mhz temparature starts at 43 degrees Celcius and goes up to 60!!! even when I just go to the BIOS and Hardware monitor it still raises to 55!! and my games like Max Payne and Benchmark crash I think because of that!!!! the vcore is at jumper free and BIOS shows 1.73 (isn't it too high for 800Mhz? what would be the good vcore???) It all happened after I slapped heatsinks on my videocard using JB Weld. I don't think it causes the temps go up!!!! It NEVER happened before, temp was always below 40 ceclius and I all fans are working properly!!!! WHAT TO DO?????????????? PLEASE HELP!!!! THANK, YOU!!!!!

Your 1.73 voltage reading is acceptable for the duron, but is too low for most athlons. If you removed your cpu heatsink, did you clean it properly and apply new thermal paste for good contact? If your heatsink came with a pad, you can't re-use it. You must scrap it off, and apply thermal grease, such as arctic silver 2 or the radio shack white paste. Use as little as possible, forming a thin coat over the cpu core.

G

It's almost (I mean thermal crap), my temp doesn't go higher than 53 degrees (is this ok for 800Mhz tbird?) I set voltage to 1.69 though...it works, but I still get error in games and things that use CPU a lot. I also flashed my A7V to 1008, on asus website it says that it fixes pc crashing with high CPU temp. It helped in some sort, but pc still crashes! I'll try radio shack paste today. I live in SC and in August it's VERY HOT but inside room temp is 72 degrees. Mobo temp fell down to 26 degrees. I also changed the locations of fans. If my CPU will go back to normal when put thermal paste on it, what VCORE should I set? 1.75? 1.85 goes after 1.75, but I think it's too much for 800Mhz 200fsb tbird!