[Emergency]Window Shuts down

Status
Not open for further replies.

harpreet10

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2009
I have Hp Pc with Windows Vista Intel Core 2 Duel
I bought this pc back in 2007. Something like this never happen i mean stuff like Virus
could of cause this so what can i do it shuts down after like 15 minutes, 10 minutes, 5 minutes its annoying cause i was doin this Shakespeare essay and it shutdown by itself so i have to redo the whole thing, please help soon as possible

Solution
Hm. Could be the hard drive is failing. Good first step would be back up your data, then download and burn a copy of the ultimate boot cd. Boot from that, run memtest 86 for a couple hours to be sure that the memory is not an issue. If that that does not give any errors, maybe do a clean install of windows. Then see if it acts better. If not, I would replace the hard drive. If you are unsure how to change it, give us the make and model, we may be able to find a guide, but normally they are easy to change.

harpreet10

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2009

Yes sir there is blue screen up right after shutting down with some Hard drive error ill try to note what it says for more info for you guys

harpreet10

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2009

I got day week end illl clean the hell outa the cpu

ohiou_grad_06

Distinguished
Hm. Could be the hard drive is failing. Good first step would be back up your data, then download and burn a copy of the ultimate boot cd. Boot from that, run memtest 86 for a couple hours to be sure that the memory is not an issue. If that that does not give any errors, maybe do a clean install of windows. Then see if it acts better. If not, I would replace the hard drive. If you are unsure how to change it, give us the make and model, we may be able to find a guide, but normally they are easy to change.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.