[SOLVED] Enabling DOCP Crashed BIOS

Jun 5, 2020
So, I just got an ASUS B550M-PLUS Motherboard.
Before I was using a Gigabyte B450M Motherboard and having issues enabling XMP I tried everything I could think of, I figured I'd try a new motherboard and I felt like i went to cheap on the first MB I had to borrow a friend's CPU just to Flash the bios so i could use my Ryzden 9 3900X. I was not able to change the voltage for my memory, XMP had only Profile 1 and anyways it didn't work after a Flash and everything.
Now With the B550M it came ready for Ryzden 3000 series, I have Flashed it, and attempted to enable DOCP and Everything seemed fine, It automatically set the Memory Voltage from 1.2 to 1.35 and the RAM from 2133MHz to 3200MHz.
I got a blue screen after saving and exiting BIOS, I rebooted and had the same issue as before where it just won't boot.
I tried again manually setting my RAM to 3200 and changing the Memory Voltage to 1.35 without enabling DOCP and I had the same issue.
Before I assumed it was an issue with the motherboard being outdated using newer RAM.
Now, I'm just confused with my I'm having this issuel.
I have the RAM in slots A2 and B2, where then manual recommended they should be.

Should I try with just one stick would that change anything?

Im using Corsair Vengence LPX 32GBs (2x16) 3200Mhz.
For right now running at 2133MHz isn't an issue for gaming by any means but, soon I will be going back to work editting film and I need to get the RAM at a proper speed, I will also be going up to 64GBs of RAM.
Please let me know if you have any ideas for what i should do to get DOHP enabled and if it's just going to be simplier to purchase a different RAM which should I Use?

What I'm running:
ASUS B550M-PLUS (wifi)
Gigabyte RTX 2070
AMD Ryzden 9 3900x
Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x16gb 3200
Corsair H60 Liquid CPU Cooler
Samsung 860 SSD 1TB
SeaGate Barracuda 7200RPM 2TB

Solution
Update: No the RAM is not on the QVL if I buy DRAM that is on the QVL will that solve my issue or not???
All that can be said, is that Asus tested the sticks on that QVL and that they reached the speed indicated in the Run Speed column for the Part No indicated. That gives you some assurance.
Outside that, you are your own tester.
That said, Corsair vengeance can be tricky with Ryzen CPUs, as indicated from the number of posts on this forum.
Jun 5, 2020
Was it the same Dram you used on the B450 motherboard ?
Is this model of RAM (EXACT reference ?)on the QVL of your motherboard ?
What is your PSU ?
And also you are using an entry level MoBo with a very high level CPU

Exact Same Dram, yes. I was planning on buying 2 more sticks when I realized I better just buy a kit if I want to get to 64Gbs so im going to get a 64gbs 4x16 kit probably 3600 leaving room for OC later on.

"Is this model of RAM (EXACT reference ?)on the QVL of your motherboard ?" I'll be honest I have no idea how to find the QLV for this motherboard, everywhere just says reffer to asus.com for qlv and I couldn't find it there. I guess that would be nice to find out which 4x16 kit will work for it.

I am sadly using a GAMDIAS 700W because when i built this PC any other option was on backorder, and it appears that the ones ive considered buying are still on Backorder. would this be the reason i can't get my ram speeds up? I'm pretty certain it was rated 80 Plus BRONZE. the original Powersupply calculation i ran was about 503W with the ram at 3200MHz.

"And also you are using an entry level MoBo with a very high level CPU" What's wrong with that? do I honestly need a $500 motherboard? This is a Micro ATX build, i'm using a Thermaltake Core V21 Case. https://www.thermaltakeusa.com/core-v21.html
I ran a benchmark when the Gigabyte b450m was in and it got: Gaming 95% Desktop 89% Workstation 101%
Then I installed the ASUS B4550M and got: Gaming 100% desktop 96% Workstation 110%
I felt that was a pretty okay Benchmark considering my Dram is currently running slower and nothing is OverClocked.
What Micro-ATX motherboard would you recommend instead and please explain to me the difference it will make for my very high-level CPU,

Update: No the RAM is not on the QVL if I buy DRAM that is on the QVL will that solve my issue or not???
All that can be said, is that Asus tested the sticks on that QVL and that they reached the speed indicated in the Run Speed column for the Part No indicated. That gives you some assurance.
That said, Corsair vengeance can be tricky with Ryzen CPUs, as indicated from the number of posts on this forum.

Reactions: IagoNO
Solution
Jun 5, 2020
I just received my G.Skill Ripacks V 2x16Gb 3200MHz and I was able enable DOCP! Everything is running great, I did a benchmark and got about 6-11% higher on each category. From now on I will definetly buy dram based of the QVL. also this ram is C14 so regardless of speed I'm hoping to see further improvement.
Also I did specifically purchase dram that was tested in 1,2 and 4 Slots hoping that if i do decide to add ram i shouldn't have an issue, I'm still not sure if that's how that works but from what you said I should have a bit more assurance that everything does go smoothly.
Thanks for the advice guys!