Oct 21, 2019
I’ve read other forums and still haven’t found a solution to this. Out of nowhere today my internet on my PC just went out. It says that it doesn’t have a valid IP configuration and just says Unidentified Network. I went and re set the router but that didn’t fix it.

The other 3 PC’s, also connected via Ethernet cable, were connected and running just fine. It’s just my PC that won’t connect. I tried testing to see if it was the cable but it connects just fine plugged into another PC. I tried plugging a different cable into mine but it still wouldn’t connect.

I tried restarting my PC, disabling and re enabling the connection, turning off my anti virus after scanning my PC and fire wall, reinstalling the drivers for my Ethernet, changing the startup, changing the IP and DNS manually, typed in so many commands to try to reset it .

Basically everything that I could read online to troubleshoot it, I did. Nothing has worked. I also read that this is something that happens with Windows 10. I’m worried at this point that it may be my motherboard. My motherboard is only a little over a year old. If anyone can help it’d be greatly appreciated. Here’s my PC specs in case it helps :

Current Build:
Motherboard- GIGABYTE GA-B250M-DS3H LGA1151
Ram- Patriot Memory Viper Elite Series DDR4 8GB 2400MHz
Processor- Intel i7-7700K
Hard drive- Seagate 3TB 7200RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s
Graphics Card- ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
Power Supply- EVGA SuperNOVA 550 G3, 80 Plus Gold 550W
Running: Latest Windows 10

Last edited by a moderator:

AshMetalRaf

Reputable
Sep 19, 2018
It seems like I'm not the only one who's a victim of that issue. It happened to me yesterday, In my case it is Tethering issue with the same exact message, doesn't have a vaild IP config. Yet haven't been able to find a solution. It is not Windows 10 problem as the same thing occurred out of a sudden on my other Windows 7 PC.
I have the same Motherboard brand as yours. I don't really know if such connection issue would affect on that..hopefully not.
Meanwhile I'm contacting Router support, I will most certainly let you know if i ever found a solution.

[UPDATE]: It has been solved. Support team reinstalled the software on the router and it fixed the issue. try contacting your Router support. I hope it get fixed for you as well.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2019
It seems like I'm not the only one who's a victim of that issue. It happened to me yesterday, In my case it is Tethering issue with the same exact message, doesn't have a vaild IP config. Yet haven't been able to find a solution. It is not Windows 10 problem as the same thing occurred out of a sudden on my other Windows 7 PC.
I have the same Motherboard brand as yours. I don't really know if such connection issue would affect on that..hopefully not.
Meanwhile I'm contacting Router support, I will most certainly let you know if i ever found a solution.

[UPDATE]: It has been solved. Support team reinstalled the software on the router and it fixed the issue. try contacting your Router support. I hope it get fixed for you as well.
I took your advice and called my internet provider. They told me my router was very old and was probably causing the problem. So I went and got a whole new router I’m STILL having this problem. It’s not my cord as any cord doesn’t work in my PC. I feel like I’m going insane trying the same things over and over again. I’m going to get a wireless card and hoping that works. I don’t understand why my Ethernet isn’t working

Oct 21, 2019

Try Winsock Reset:
Before I saw this I had already started to factory reset my PC. Luckily, doing that did the trick so I know it wasn’t my motherboard. It was some sort of software issue that I couldn’t find.

Oct 21, 2019
Before I saw this I had already started to factory reset my PC. Luckily, doing that did the trick so I know it wasn’t my motherboard. It was some sort of software issue that I couldn’t find.
Okay. My problem was fixed for a week or so after factory resetting and it just completely went out again. I tried the Winsock Reset and that didn’t work. I know it’s not a hardware issue but I can’t find what software is doing it. It just happened out of nowhere while watching YouTube this time.

Windows updates is automatically installing a driver version that is rendering your computer unable to connect to the internet.
You'll have to roll back the driver in device manager or uninstall the problematic driver and install a version that works.
First make sure you disable windows updates from automatically updating your device drivers:
https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/disable-automatic-driver-downloads-on-windows-10

Solution