[SOLVED] Ethernet "Unidentified Network - No Internet" but wifi still works

beepadyboopady

Reputable
Apr 12, 2018
So my Ethernet stopped working one day, and in Windows it says "Unidentified Network" and "No Internet", but the Wi-Fi on my PC still works. I have tried multiple different solutions after browsing online for 2 days, but none seem to work. Some of the things which I have tried are using the command prompt with commands such as "ipconfig /all, ipconfig /renew", but these still haven't resolved my issue. I have also tried rolling back the drives in device manager, but once again with no luck. I have also tried "Network Reset" but also received no luck with that option either. Unplugging the router and re-plugging it in also left with no results. Another issue which pops up is, whenever I reset or shut down my PC, it eventually blue screens with the error "driver_power_state_failure". I am completely lost on how to fix this issue and now turning to get help on this forum, any advice will help.
Thank you all so much! :)

Solution
It's also possible for the ethernet hardware chip on the mainboard to go bad as well.

I would make a Linux LIVE usb stick and boot your computer into that. If ethernet still doesn't work, then it's either a hardware failure on your PC or a problem on your router.

kanewolf

Titan
So my Ethernet stopped working one day, and in Windows it says "Unidentified Network" and "No Internet", but the Wi-Fi on my PC still works. I have tried multiple different solutions after browsing online for 2 days, but none seem to work. Some of the things which I have tried are using the command prompt with commands such as "ipconfig /all, ipconfig /renew", but these still haven't resolved my issue. I have also tried rolling back the drives in device manager, but once again with no luck. I have also tried "Network Reset" but also received no luck with that option either. Unplugging the router and re-plugging it in also left with no results. Another issue which pops up is, whenever I reset or shut down my PC, it eventually blue screens with the error "driver_power_state_failure". I am completely lost on how to fix this issue and now turning to get help on this forum, any advice will help.
Thank you all so much! :)
When this happens you need to open a CMD.EXE window and run the ipconfig.exe /all command. That will document the state of your network connection.
The first thing to do when there is an ethernet problem is to replace the cable. Does your cable connect directly to the router or is there wall plates or powerline or other network hardware in the chain ?

It's also possible for the ethernet hardware chip on the mainboard to go bad as well.

I would make a Linux LIVE usb stick and boot your computer into that. If ethernet still doesn't work, then it's either a hardware failure on your PC or a problem on your router.

Solution